Ford Clock Problem

Hi all!

Having quite an annoying problem with my clock on the Sync 3.4 system.

Whenever I set the time, it instantly resets to a random time far out what I want.

I’ve disabled the automatic mode, I’ve tried to reset to GPS time, I’ve updated the Sync system, done multiple master resets, but no solution!

The most annoying part of this is that I can’t connect my android auto as the clocks don’t match!

Here’s a video of it: https://youtube.com/shorts/-Vj8S9z4-48?si=sj6NMzXQAoyO0ToN

Please can anyone help.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.0

New SYNC Version: 3.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Latest

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

N/a

Hi.
Have you master reset?.

Yes, I have done.

Is the unit stock?, it’s a strange issue to have.
Is the vehicle imported?. Can you create, run an interrogator log and share the results with us?, redact the VIN from the file’s title and content if you care about it. Where’s the vehicle currently located?.

You can try installing 3.3.19xxx and performing another master reset to see if that changes anything.

Yes, the unit is stock. I’ve also tried to downgrade back to 21265 and the problem is still persisting.
The vehicle is located in London, UK.

The only thing I noticed is during the first stage of the downgrade, the sync unit went to a very old version, and during this the time was correct, but then it updated again (with the mustang screen) and the clock problem has returned.

Did you make any changes with Forscan?

No, no changes

1 Like

There’s a reason as to why I asked specifically to go to 3.3.19xxx…
So, downgrade to 3.3.19xxx and test it out…
If that works well over the days, try baby steps into 3.4.xxxxx…
What do I mean, start with the oldest 3.4 builds and work your way up.
Hopefully you will be able to find a 3.4 on which the issue does not appear.

For the record, the issue you are having was a known issue but for non-nav vehicles on the latest 3.4 builds… But yours have NAV, so…
3.4.21265 should not have that issue, but you say it has…

If no 3.4 works, stay at 3.3…

So I’ve reset and downgraded to sync 3.319066 and still no luck.

HOWEVER, I have noticed that when the ignition is off, the clock is correct, but as soon as the ignition is on, the clock resets to a random time. Once the ignition is off again, the clock returns to the correct time.

This allows me to connect to android auto with ignition on…ignition off…connect…ignition on and it stays on; however this isn’t ideal!