Ford Pass Connectivity menu

I own a Ford F350 Sync 3 equipped Vehicle
I have downloaded all updates. I can not get ford pass to work due to not being able to open the connectivity settings… I can’t get Ford pass to connect either.
It is the original unit. It does not show the ESN Modem Serial Number. I have pulled the fuse, unplugged the battery done a Ford Pass Reset and a Master reset.
Is there any way to wake up the modem? It hasn’t worked since the 1st month I owned my vehicle. I can’t go without my vehicle due to work. Is this a sync issue even? I a lost and I do not know where else to turn to. Is there a download to fix the issue without taking it in? When I open Ford Pass and go to Hotspot- the menu will not open. It says unavailable. Big red ex on the “Reception” bars. The connectivity menu- try to open it say that it can not be opened at this time. ensure vehicle ignition is turned on and retry. I have deleted Ford Pass, logged in, logged out. I am losing my mind trying to get this thing to work again.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.2

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No error. just can not get the modem to come back on.

Update Method: Official Ford

It’s either the Sync 3 unit does not know of the TCU, or the TCU has an issue and is not communicating. Pulling the battery should have reset everything, but the issue remains. Until you can get the TCU to be recognized by Sync, it will not work.

There is a FORD SM50251 article that covers this for the dealers. This should be under warranty. It is likely a bad TCU. There is likely nothing you can do with it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.