Ford Taurus 2023 Sync Update (China Model)

My name is Murad and I’m reaching out to you today hoping to get some assistance with my 2023 Ford Taurus. I recently purchased this vehicle and it came equipped with Sync version 22047. I’m interested in updating it to the latest version, 23159.
However, I’ve encountered a few challenges. Since this particular Taurus was manufactured in China, the Ford website doesn’t list any updates available for it. Additionally, the Ford Pass and Ford Connect features, although present in the car, are currently disabled. Even the Wi-Fi functionality seems inoperable.

I’ve already contacted Ford support, but unfortunately, they informed me that due to the car’s Chinese origin, they don’t have access to the necessary updates or enable these features.

Given your active presence on GitHub, I was hoping you might have some insights or knowledge on how to overcome these system limitations. Perhaps there’s a way to enable Ford Pass, Ford Connect, and Wi-Fi functionality, or even a workaround to update the Sync software despite the regional restrictions.

I understand this might be a complex request, but any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

SYNC Region: CN

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 22047

New SYNC Version: 22047

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

The first question is what country is the vehicle currently located in?

SAUDIA ARABIA

This would be the country code:

754-10-01: 5341-xx

This is not Sync 3, but a lower version, like 2.5.

Cyanlabs does not support this. You may find these files at FFclub.ru

I am in the same situation as you. I have managed to connect to FDRS. surprisingly I did not find an APIM update, which was weird as I have seen others update to the new june 2023 version release.

Can you take a picture of the screen showing the version of the unit? This will help identify the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.