Forscan mods

getting ready to do a 3.0 to 3.4 upgrade with nav so reformatting will be necessary. i have done a few modsto the apim using forscan. Do i need to put the apim back to the original before starting the update? if i dont will the mods just carry over to the new 3.4? is it a stupid question beacuse the module is being formatted?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.4.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

no log file yet as i have yet to update

If by “mods” you mean changing asbuilts values, the worst thing it could happen is that the APIM goes back to stock and you will need to re do them.
Did you change the theme?

It’s been so long that I forget. I know nav in motion. I could just put it back, I did save the original as built but it’s just an extra step if I don’t need to and I assume the original as built data that I have saved wont work with the new 3.4 or will it?

Actually, Sync3 3.0 and Sync3 3.4 are both Sync3; the parameters apply to all versions of Sync3.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I see that now. Just looking through the data base on this website . Looks like sync 3 is all the same, should be good to go.

Yes, as said before, the worst that could happen is that you will need to re do them. I asked about theme because in 3.4 some got deprecated, so check that before moving forward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.