Forscan will not allow restore of APIM ASBUILT

Using the latest Forscan v2.3.59 I had taken a backup of the APIM prior to making any changes to a 2018 Sync3 unit that I had installed into my 2017 Ford Ranger and I have put the original Sync3 Screen/APIM unit back in. When I try to go into the APIM module in Forscan to make sure all is OK by restoring the APIM backup I took, Forscan gives the usual warning about making changes and, as soon as I click OK, it throws the error “Service procedure has been interrupted” and I can go no further.
I was hoping to use Syn3 Updater to go from Sync3 3.0.20204 to the latest 3.4 but am loathe to do this whilst this error and inability to restore the APIM ASBUILT hangs over my head…:face_with_head_bandage:
Is there any way to restore that backup or the factory ASBUILT I’ve also downloaded?
PS…I just thought, whilst the newer APIM module was installed, the system was connected to my Wi-Fi and tried to do a Sync update and stored different data online. Is that possible?

SYNC Region: ANZ

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Forscan error: Service procedure has been interrupted

Update Method: Official Ford

If you want to use syn3 updater then turn off wireless to avoid potential conflict. What OBD device are you using with forscan? Did you clear DTC’s and do a module reset before hitting the Go button?

Why would you think restoring asbuilt will achieve anything? What problems if any are you having?

Open ForScan without using a saved profile.
I’ve had this if I’m using an APIM that’s a different version (eg 4U5T vs NU5T) than what was in the saved profile I tried to use.

Sorry for the delay, on the road for a few days.
Warlock12118, I think you’re right. I just put the 2018 screen and APIM back in and I can again go into the APIM ASBUiLT area in Forscan with no issues, so it’ll stay and I’ll update it, later…
Thanks both!