Guard Mode on FordPass

What is your SYNC Region? Eu

What was your Old SYNC Version? 3.3

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.4.21098

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

PASTE LOG HERE

After updating to 3.4.21098 my ability to have guard mode on the Ford pass disappeared.

I did the Master Reset.
Additionally I remove the car from Ford pass, did another master reset and then readded everything.

Now when I go to Activate Vehicle, after a few minutes I receive a notification that it can’t currently be done. I’ve tried the above a few times but get the same result.

Not convinced it’s the update that’s done it but wanted to see if others have had similar issues.

I’d suggest trying to pull the battery for half an hour and then trying again. You may also just have to wait a little while (few hours or a day) for Ford to fully remove your vehicle from the servers to be able to add it again.

This is the first I’ve heard of Guard Mode but it seems to be a commercial feature. If you are still unable to add the vehicle/enable Guard Mode after pulling the battery, try downgrading to a lower build (3.4.21020 is the official rollout build, and 3.4.20351 is also stable for the majority of features).

AFAIK Guard mode is only available for Ford Vans like Transit, Transit Connect, Tourneo, and Transit Custom in Europe.

Ford is rolling it as the technology is available in those markets. EU has been enabled for a while. US is coming soon or is in test.

@Lyndon_Jacques this is not uncommon for FordPass to have an issue after an update. The best thing to do is to delete the vehicle from FordPass, remove FordPass from the phone, reboot the phone, load FordPass. Do not load the vehicle yet to the phone. While you do that, master reset the APIM. Once the APIM is back up and running, check the Modem serial number to make sure the TCU and APIM are talking. Now, pair you phone with the vehicle. Once you have that done, open the FordPass app and add you vehicle on the phone. Once all that is done, check your email. Until you see the email about adding the vehicle to the account, activation will probably not work. You should get emails about adding or removing a vehicle from your FordPass account. Once the vehicle is added to the account, and you have waited about 15 minutes or so for Ford to catch up, try to activate the vehicle. If you get the message that the vehicle can’t be added, then Ford is behind and you can’t go further at this point. Don’t try to activate the vehicle multiple times, as this will just add to the confusion. If you cannot add the vehicle, close the app on the phone (Kil it…) and wait an hour to try again. The tell here is the emails from Ford. If you get the activation email, it should work.

By the way, make sure the vehicle is running when you activate it…

1 Like

Pal, Guard Mode is not related in any way to your Sync3 version, the car’s modem that provides the signals for this functionality is in no way affected

Actually the FordPass App is quite buggy and that should be the root of the problem

Video says at 1:07 you should be using Ford Pass Pro for this. Not Ford Pass.

1 Like

Thank you all.

I followed the process as described above and initially it failed but after a conversation with Ford they’ve had an issue for 72 hours that was impacting the activation process.

Managed to get it working today using the above process after Ford confirmed issue resolved

2 Likes

I saw on other forums that there were widespread issues with activations for the past few days. Glad you got it working again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.