Help fixing SYNC 3.4 with “Automatic Up” screen at startup

On my 2016 F150 Lariat I about a year ago I updated my SYNC3 to include CarPlay (showing 3.4.22251. I got the new USB plug and downloaded the software here and everything has worked great until about a month ago when I started getting the “ Automatic system update” screen at Charles power up. I have tried several times to update via USB. I’ve tried down grading first so that I could push the newest version but I only get a failure with error code INSTL_ERR12. I cannot preform a Master Reset, the screen will lockup and I have to do a soft reset to get functionality back. I’m an old man and I am probably missing something when setting up the download. Any help or guidance is appreciated!

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.1

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
I get the system update request at power up and error code INSTL_ERR12 when trying to update.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Unsure of the version of the time it was about a year ago.

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Don’t have one

You need to get out of that build, it’s bugged and your rwdata partition is most likely full, causing the issue.

Follow this guide → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates (Solved)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.