Help Identifying my APIM as MY20 or not

Good afternoon everyone.
I’ve got the interrogator tool (the AD version, because the AA version didn’t get the AsBuilt info, was all blank) and ran it on
my Ecosport 2019 SE 1.5 AT that I got from a reseller so I don’t know the maintenance history.
I’ll paste the info I got here and want some help identifying what are the odds of it being a MY20 or not, because I wanted to upgrade it from 3.0.17276 to 3.4, jailbreak and use some mods, specially the videoplayer mod.
The log of the interrogator tool:

Versão JR3T-14G381-AJ
Modelo APIM: Blank
Tipo APIM: Non-Navigation
Tamanho APIM: 8GB
Espaço Livre APIM: 1.5G
06/08/2023 14:52:38 +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/usb0/ = 7.4G / 7.4G
/fs/tmpfs/ = 127M / 128M
/fs/Nuance/ = 129M / 1.4G
/fs/Nuance/grace = 5.9M / 1.1G
/fs/rwdata/ = 629M / 1024M
/fs/mp/ = 173M / 1024M
/fs/images/ = 1.5G / 4.2G

Installed Packages
JR3T-14G391-BD
JR3T-14G423-BA

APIM AsBuilt
DE00: BLANK
DE01: 42520104C082018029800105
DE02: BLANK
DE03: BLANK
DE04: 1900190026AC
DE05: 40
DE06: 0E04330000000080E80000565667006B

Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks a lot.

SYNC Region: ANZ

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

New SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Well, the interrogator is not showing that information, so we can only guess. It should not be MY20 based on the car’s year and Sync3 version, but it’s only a guess.

If you want to be sure you will need to unmount the unit and check the stickers.

Another thing you could do is trying to update it to the latest 3.0 via Ford’s site. Maybe the latest 3.0 will give back that information when running the interrogator.

Thanks for the answer.
Tried that already but the Ford website says the latest version available was already downloaded and the file can be downloaded only once, so no deal.
Isn’t there a way to find out using Forscan? I have a Ford compatible USB OBD adapter I used when I had a 2014 Fiesta, so if you point me to some tutorial I would follow it.
And if i decide to try to update to the latest SYNC3 version and get the unit bricked, would it be possible to recover it or just replacing it?
Again, thanks for the help!

That’s odd, Ford released a build for 3.0 in 2020, so the latest should not be one from 2017… I’m guessing there’s some history behind this, since you are not the first owner, we do not know what it is .

You.could install it manually though, we have it in our DB.

Of course, you didn’t mention you have Forscan and a scanner before. But in Forscan, go to the APIM module and check it.

That depends… If it’s bricked due to MY20 hardware being present, you would need to replace it.

If it’s “soft” bricked it may be recoverable…

Sorry, used it just 2 times and forgot about it, remembered while replying.
I will try it and see if it reports the version.

So, if I couldn’t tell for sure I can safely upgrade, that’s a big no for me. Live in Brazil, and those things are expensive as hell here. Can’t risk it without knowing for sure it is safe.

Yes, that is really odd. I insert the VIN and ir reports the exact version that is installed and says it is the latest available.
But cool to know I can install it manually.

Thank you very, very much for your help.

Physically check the model number on the APIM, anything else would not guarantee a correct answer.

Since a week passed and you went silent, we are closing the thread.

Hello everyone.
Sorry for not posting on my previous post fast enough for it to not get closed, but just now I managed to have some time to try to disassemble my dashboard and I am without luck as I don’t have the neccessary screwdriver (need the number 7, have all of them except that one).
But I managed to see by just removing the plastic frame that my APIM module have a date on it’s label: 06/06/2018, which makes sense as it is an 2019 Ecosport manufacured in late 2018.
Do I need any more info to safe update it to 3.4?
Thanks for the help!

SYNC Region: ANZ

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

New SYNC Version: 3.0.17276

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Based on that, you should be safe.
Do you have a picture of the label?.
Wasn’t the model visible?.
Also, I think there’s a hidden bezel diagnostics menu that could display the APIM model.

I took a “partial” picture of the label, I’m uploadimg it but I doubt it would help. The date was clearer looking with my bare eyes.
About the menu, if you have a ling to a guide I can try.

See if this helps → Ford Explorer - General Procedures - Bezel Diagnostics - Information and Entertainment System

Yes, I know that menu. I’ll take some pictures of the info and post here.

Here they are, please see if it helps:

Thank you!

As per our hardware db (SYNC 3 APIM Hardware Database - CyanLabs) , that’s not a MY20 APIM… So with that plus the manufacture date on the sticker you should be good to go.

Thank you very much!

You are welcome.
One last thing: your unit has 8GB of space, which is not a lot and 3.4 is bigger than 3.0 So if installation fails, a quick workaround is to omit installing Gracenotes.

Right. I am using Syn3 Updater and the latest 3.4.23188 didn’t give me the option to download gracenote, just voice and apps, so gracenote will not be installed anyways, right?
Again, thanks a lot!

Worked like a charm, took just 10 minutes. Loved the interface, now I’ll jailbreak it and install some mods.
Thanks a lot!