Help relegation failed

The model was Fox in 2017. Earlier, the automatic method of the 2.3 U disk was upgraded to 3.4.19200. Today, I want to upgrade the latest version, so I used SYN3 Updater to make a USB flash drive. But after trying many times, it has been showing that the software is being updated, and it has not changed in 40 minutes. Later, I tried a manual method and successfully entered the update interface, but I reported an error in the last Gracenotes, so I deleted Gracenotes, only updated the apps and voice, and successfully updated. Now I want to downgrade 3.4.19200, and try to downgrade 3.4.19101 and 3.4.19200. There are failure, and the software is being updated without response and MEM ERR03. Is there a way to solve it?

SYNC Region: CN

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.19200

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21388

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Because my reversing image is not the original solution, it is a decoder. The 19200 system, the reversing image will only flicker and return to normal. But I will always flash with 23188, and I can’t use it. This is the problem of my car. I used this problem with other 3.4 systems before, so I can only find a way to reduce the relegation back to 19200

Have you done a master reset after upgrading to 3.4.23188?
If you still have camers issues maybe you could try downgrading to 3.4.21265 which is probably more stable.

Do you mean resetting the system in settings? The problem is that I can’t downgrade now. I have tried various methods, such as direct automatic downgrading and manual downgrading. The forum said that versions higher than 19374 cannot be reset. I also tried that downgrading method, but it also didn’t work. In the end, it always shows mem err03 or it keeps saying that the system is being updated and there is no other response. I think there is no space? I saw a post that seems to have the same symptoms, but I don’t know how to solve it. The most important thing that needs to be solved is how to downgrade?

So I would like to ask you, I have this kind of mem err03 error, and it keeps showing that the software is being updated, but there is no other response. Do you know how to solve it, or how I should downgrade?

You will need to delete GN and go thru the same procedure to downgrade since you have a non-nav APIM.

Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4 - Ford / Guides - CyanLabs Official Community

Yes, factory reset, but follow the advice of @F150Chief in his last post first and then do a master reset from settings > general > about if successful.

I have tried the manual downgrade tutorial (from 3.4.1974 or higher to 3.4.19101) which contains 5U5T-14G381-AP_1555085337000.TAR.GZ and GB5T-14G386-SC_85041.tar.gz. I also tried to use syn3, set my version to 23188, and downgraded to 19200. The USB disk created by the program automatic method contains the 19200 program package and PU5T-14G386-BB. After reading the post, I found that this is to reset rw. . However, I failed with both methods, and mem err03 appeared. I want to try to reset it by putting only PU5T-14G386-BB and try again, or read the apim first to confirm whether it is a problem of insufficient space. I haven’t tried it directly because I can’t try it until Monday, so I want to confirm whether resetting rw is applicable to my situation, or if there are other methods. This way I can try other methods again if they don’t work, without having to wait for a reply before trying. I would like to trouble you again, thank you very much.

Please, create and run an interrogator log. Share the results with us, redact the VIN from the file’s title and content if you care about it.

I executed the log, then executed RW cleanup, and then run the automatic method 3.4.23188 to downgrade 3.4.21265, and the downgrade failed. Display automatic update software, but there has been no other response. Thank you for watching my log and giving me a solution. Thank you.
Sync_MW3X00XR_LVSHCAAL0HR012362.xml (10.1 KB)

Thank you everyone, I solved it. I tried to remove RW and remove the storage space of Gracenotes, but none of them changed. In the end, I tried to replace the small voice bag. He made me 1.1g of space into 2.6G space. I tried automatically downgrade 3.4.21265, and successfully downgraded. But my reversing image flashed still. I replace multiple systems and try it slowly. Thank you again.

1 Like

Glad it worked. Remember that since your unit is no-nav you will always need to perform this procedure before making other upgrades since the unit lacks of the required storage.

Now, about what you mention about “reversing image flashed still”, I think that means “the backup camera flickers” (or something like that).

If the issue is about the reverse camera, try going back to 3.3.19xxxx to check if there’s some improvement. We had some reports of not-OEM backup cameras having some issues on the latest 3.4s.

I bought a second -hand car. When I bought it, it was a 2.3 system. At that time, the image flashed and then the black screen 1s returned to normal. Later, I upgraded to 3.4 to forget what version, and it became a black screen 1S and continued to flash after 1S. The last 3.4.19200 is the same as just purchased. I tried four or five versions today. They were all flickering, just now I still replaced 3.4.19200. we can only do this

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.