How can I update the map cn220 to cn221

I bought an APIM online in China. The sticker on the back of the APIM was torn off. Build is 3.4.21194. The map is CN220. When upgrading through downgrade mode before, the screen went black, I think it was bricked, it may be produced or shipped after 2020. If I get it fixed later, how do I upgrade my map by auto-install mode. Only the Keep current map option is available for me to choose in the software.

SYNC Region: CN

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: Replica

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21265

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
NO, just the screen went black

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://cyanlabs.net/fhub/sync3/syn3-updater-log/?uuid=1ee6315e-5ceb-63de-9eec-0242ac12000b

Sounds like you bought the same crap/fraud APIM’s that we buy from China here.

But the first time I did downgrade it to 19200 with these two files.When I tried to reformat it then upgrade, the screen went black.I guess it just can’t be formatted.So is there a way to upgrade the map of China through the auto-install mode? thanks.

So, to summarize the thread and give some closure to it:

• A torn or missing sticker on an APIM is a dead giveaway that the unit SHOULD NOT BE BOUGHT. The sticker can easily identify an original / OEM unit, so why one would want to remove it?. And even there are some people that modify the sticker to try passing the APIM as good. So, an APIM without a sticker is a big NOPE, since it could be a refurbished one or even a counterfeit. And if it has an sticker you should double check if it makes sense.
  • Once you get a replacement, if the unit can’t be reformatted you need to keep MY20 protection active and only the options syn3updater gives you are safe. And that’s it, if there’s no other options, it’s because they can’t be done reformatting the unit.
1 Like