How to downgrade

2016 - Ford f150
I updated my dad’s truck from Sync 3 v1.0 to v3.0, when he presses the voice recognition button it’ll say “voice recognition is not ready.”
If I use CyanLabs to go from 3.0 back down to 1.0, will the voice recognition work again?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 1.0.15139

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
“Voice recognition not ready”

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Sounds like you missed a voice file along the way.
You’ll find the instructions to downgrade to 2.2x on here, after getting it to that build run the Ford official update again.

Is there a way I can just add the voice file to the usb and plug it in the truck?

The problem is that Ford hasn’t really published its prerequisite docs.
What is known it that 2.2.x is where they added support for Car Play and if that isn’t applied between 1.0 and 3.0 Car Play doesn’t work so the app updates aren’t necessarily cumulative.
You don’t have to do a reformat or anything like that, just prep the USB with 2.2 and run it. Total run time is about 15 minutes with a good USB and then you should be using the Ford official public release downloaded from syncmyride.com based on the VIN rather than using the updater.
The current public Ford release for 3.0 is 3.0.23219

1 Like

I’m sorry if I’m a pain but could I keep it at 2.2 or do I update it again after the 2.2? For voice recognition to work

If all is well with 2.2 then yes you can upgrade further.

1 Like

Once you get the unit to 2.2 use the update downloaded from syncmyride.com for the F150’s VIN to bring the unit current.

ok, how does one find the 2.2? I tried to do it from the application I downloaded but when I looked I only saw 3.0 updates, none were 2.2

Link to just 2.2.x I posted above yesterday.
You don’t use the updater at all, you take a blank USB formatted as exFAT, created a directory on it called SyncMyRide.
You then drop the HN1T-14G381-SA_64817.tar.gz file in the link into that directory and put the autoinstall from the link in the root of the USB.
Eject the USB, pop the USB into the truck and it will take the APIM to 2.2

1 Like

Well It updated to 2.2 and the voice recognition is working but it won’t download the contacts from my dad’s phone to his truck. Everything is turned on in Bluetooth to allow contacts and notifications. It always something with his truck :joy:

Delete the phone in SYNC and the car on the phone and re-pair.

I did that too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Did you get asked to grant permission to allow access?

1 Like

Bring the vehicle current with the official download for his VIN from syncmyride.com .
After the install is run, perform a master reset and delete the vehicle from his bluetooth connections.

What model phone and OS version?

I believe so, but how do I do that just in case? I’ve turned his phone off and on, deleted sync from Bluetooth then connected it again

Ok I’ll try tomorrow but he has iPhone 8 with recent IOS. I even tried my phone with is a iPhone 14 and didn’t work either.

Thank you so much for all your help

Delete the vehicle profile from the phone also.

Ok I’ll try after work! Thank you

I tried this today and it worked perfectly! It took about 35 minutes to update. I spent a lot of time looking for a solution until I found your site. Thanks