Install 2022 maps? Version not supported

I installed SYNC 3.4.22251 on my Ford Expedition and purchased the 5 years of updates to navigation. However, now when I try to update the maps it is telling me the version is not supported. Is there a way to install just the maps file without having to install sync again, or how do I install the 22251 version with a licensed map update?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.0.16074

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
This version of SYNC is not supported

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.1.1.8.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

None

I’m not sure what you mean.

What Syn3updater can do is quite clear, what I do not get is what you bought and from who. If you paid for something, you should get in touch with them to see what’s going on.

Also, as far as I know there are no 2022 maps.

So your post is not clear.

Unfortunately, none of the Ford websites expect you to be on the latest version and I guess that is leading to the issue of your purchase not working.

N.B. Even if you upload the latest XML log from the update process to Ford website, it won’t actually update the version in their systems.
I have a running thread with Ford Support for past 2 years but it seems they are not willing to ever fix the issue with updating their systems.

Thats not an issue with Ford that needs to be fixed if they never intended it to be like that. I doubt you will ever get anywhere by fighting that battle.

@otismcwilliams Like Sandman said there is no 2022 version only 2.21 and if you bought the 5 year package than you should be fine. Otherwise downgrade to the previous version, or lowest you can go and update the maps than upgrade again. 2.22 probably won’t be out till mid-summer at the soonest.

Or use the tool and just do a reformat on it and install the maps with the install. You should have just done it this way in the beginning before wasting money.

@otismcwilliams
The APIM was upgraded (reformat) from Sync 3.0 v2.0.16074. This is not supported by Ford (or licensed) for the vehicle, 2017 Ford Expedition. The map version supported for the vehicle is the older Sync 3.0 maps, not the newer Sync 3.4 maps. The map subscription is useless.

You can however update the maps to the latest version, NA 2.21, using the Syn3 Updater and reformat.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.