Install FordPass app on Sync

Hi guys,
I have a 2019 Ecosport with 8” Sync 3.0 and I’m wondering if there is any possibility to install/add this feature of Ford Pass. I know some vehicles come equipped with this capability of connecting car with Ford Pass app on phone, but mine doesn’t have this feature.
I suppose it’s just a matter of some software installation? Basically the FordPass app is missing from sync.
I didn’t updated yet with cyanlabs, I’m on 3.0.19205 official version.
Thanks.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.19205

New SYNC Version: 3.0.19205

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

I have zero apps on my phone /sync.

Do you not need a TCU to get this :thinking: I’m actually no sure on the requirements

In this video: https://youtu.be/a0llhlxoQPo?si=cgxqMZ5W3yzUE3V_

At 0:53 they open the FordPass app on Sync.
But I have no idea how to install that on my Sync.

You can’t install in on your sync. That’s not how it works, you install ford pass on your phone and depending on the phone it might work

So if is missing from there is because of the phone? I have iPhone 12 Pro.

Do you have fordpass installed ? Also I think you can’t have it and carplay enabled in sync at the same time, kinda guessing as I don’t use it or iOS

Yes, I have ford pass installed and running on my phone. I disabled apple car play and connected the phone, I press find mobile apps and nothing.
I am missing something?

Sorry I can’t post more pictures I get this error:

“An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.”

This is from phone app.

To my knowledge you can only include FordPass on sync for 2020 + vehicles. I know I cannot install it via mobile apps on my 2017 model.
Strange that it shows the icon on your sync screen though. Was it there before you attempted to install it?

There’s nothing to ‘install’ on Sync. It picks it up from your phone as long as the conditions are right (ie: CarPlay/Android Auto are not active. Even then the Applink stuff seems to be very hit or miss). The one caveat is that supposedly Ford was supposed to deprecate this functionality. Though I’m not sure what state that is in currently. I’ll have to check in my vehicle. I know I have seen it come up before and this is on a retrofitted '13 C-Max but it’s been a while since I’ve messed with it. The only app I use these days via the Apps menu is iHeartRadio and it has been relatively consistent and reliable.

EDIT: Just checked and no FordPass shows up for me after a few attempts including APIM power cycles, phone reboots, etc… Taking a wild guess here one of the recent FordPass app updates removed that functionality unless someone chimes in otherwise.

I contacted Ford sometime back about whether FordPass was available for my 2017 model Escape and was avised it was only available for 4th Gen 2020 + Escapes so I would assume the same applies for other Ford vehicles too as far as model year is concerned.

Would need clarification on what exactly they mean by ‘FordPass’ in this case. FordPass is a broad term with Ford. You’ve got FordPass Connect which is the remote connectivity/TCU side of things which exists on many eligible pre-2020 cars. You’ve got the basic FordPass app functionality which has existed on Sync 3 vehicles as implied in this thread through Applink including showing vehicle statuses like fuel level and such through Bluetooth only without a TCU (not sure exactly what the eligibility requirements were for this if it was all Sync 3 equipped vehicles or only certain models).

So I’m not sure what they’re referring to being exclusive to 2020+ Escapes there.

Also just to add more info: From memory the FordPass menu in Sync didn’t offer much. It had like a dealer search option and nearby fuel option. I can’t remember what else. None of it was much to write home about.

EDIT: Here’s a picture of the options it had that I was able to Google:

I thought the fordpass (not connect) menu was discontinued :thinking:

It had zero functionality for me last i used it. It doesn’t show on my car anymore and standalone only ever wanted to sell me a new electric car.

I think that’s correct. There was a time when you could get basic info on pre 20 + vehicles as @Vchat20 indicated but I don’t think even that is available now.

Fordpass does not show up on sync on my 2017 Focus and only offered service stations and new car info on my phone so i deleted it ages ago.

Thank you all for your replies.
From what I’ve read it seems that app is pretty much useless… so probably I will give up.

But still weird why is missing from my Sync……

As noted above, there are really no ‘apps’ installed on Sync itself. That menu just surfaces compatible mobile apps on your phone (which there are relatively few of. They need to be built specifically to work with Sync to show here). Ford deprecated that side of their FordPass app so it will no longer show up.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.