Interrogator log

I don’t quite understand how to create an interrogator log. I have updated my 2017 Escape with the latest version 3.4.23188, 2.22 maps. Everything works fine but I am having a minor issue with it not retaining previous resets involving media upon restart occasionally.

The only ‘issue’ is if I retart the car sometimes it will not revert to USB music where it left off and will start up on FM radio. It seems to be trying to detect USB on these instances but cannot locate it and I just go to ‘source’ and can select it ok.
I find that if I wait 5 seconds or so when entering the car before starting the engine I do not have this issue and it restarts where left off.

I have done a master reset and a couple of soft resets to no avail. All other functions work fine.

Possibly this is a quirk with the latest updates but I have been trying to get a log file to see if it is a space issue.

Do I need to have the USB stick loaded with my latest sync version before selecting the interrogator utility tool to prepare it and then put it in the car or can I just use a blank USB of around 7gb capacity as I have been trying? I just seem to get a message ‘indexing Cyanlabs’ when it is in the car but the USB is blank when I put it in the computer.

Sorry, not very computer literate.

SYNC Region: ANZ

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0,20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.4.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

n/a

All 3 of my cars have done this with the USB thumb drives plugged in. It’s nothing new to this update.

Many thanks…this has occured with updates 22251 and 23088 as well in my case and I just wasn’t sure whether it was normal.

As I indicated if I wait a short while before starting the engine until the Ford emblem starts ‘rolling’ on the sync screen the issue doesn’t occur.

Thanks again… :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.