Invalid XML log file generated after update

Does that work for any years and Sync 3 versions? :slight_smile:

Hi AuRoN
in my post of 4th March Iā€™ve sent my original XML file, so if you know what youā€™re talking about from the filename you already have my VIN.
In any case as well as getting a fix, for which I would be grateful anyway, it would be interesting to understand what the problem is and also what the solution is

While basic checking makes it appear this user is legit please be hesitant till I verify this is indeed Auron and not a imposter or scam.

For those that donā€™t know Auron is extremely well known in the sync 3 scene.

Edit: confirmed as the actual Auron

1 Like

Done. The server now contains the latest data. You can check from ford website

Some humor with Fordā€™s CSR firewall. This is the Cliff Notes version.

So, Fordā€™s IVT team has not called back after a month. I called customer service today instead of chatting and when I discussed with the person who answered the phone that I had not heard from the IVT team, he asked for me to let him check into it.

He subsequently asked if I had a case number and since I did I gave it to him. When I asked if I could talk to someone on the IVT team he suddenly became the IVT team and proceeded to tell me that Ford no longer requires the Sync updates to be confirmed with Ford and that is why it no longer works.

We had a long discussion about how will anyone know if there is a new update for their unit if there is no way to establish that the update was done. He then stated that the system will update at some time in the future. I replied it has not in over 3 months with OTA update and the XML file generated by USB update cannot be uploaded because it is in an invalid format. At that point he went back to the ā€œit no longer works because Ford does not require itā€ mantra.

Asked him if he cannot do anything about it, then escalate it. He said there is no one to escalate it to and no departments he can pass the information to. I asked him if he was the end of the line as he cannot do anything about the issue. He replied back that is not what he said. Then asked him what did you say? He said that he cannot escalate it or pass it on to another department. Since we were going in circles, I thanked him for his time and hung up.

When I want some more entertainment, I will call back to see if I get the same responses.

Thank you AuRoN. Iā€™ve checked from the website and now Fordā€™s server is reporting that my Sync is updated to the version actually installed without asking to upload the log file. So far so good.
But Iā€™m afraid that at the next update I will face the same problem, after downloading and installing a new system update the server will ask to upload the XML file and my Sync will still generate an invalid file, at least until Ford will release a new interrogator.
But it seems that there is not much hope, as jmbach explains in his last post.

1 Like

Good, thanks for confirming it.

Regarding the next updateā€¦ well until ford fix the issue you canā€™t do much.

In any case, i canā€™t see the problem. Noone is updating the APIM through the official website, especially the members of fmods or cyanlabs, soā€¦ it can even report you have version 1.0, whatā€™s the problem? lol

2 Likes

Good to know, AuRoN
Iā€™ve just made two software updates till now, choosing the official website because the car is just one year old and still within warranty. And Iā€™ve been hesitant to use cyanlabs syn3updater thinking that if something went wrong I would have much more trouble, considering that when I asked my Ford dealer he seemed to know less than me about the matter.

Iā€™m going to update only maps from F10 to F11 using cyanlabs and then I will consider to always use the tool for the future

thank you

Cyanlabs offer ONLY official packages. So even if you somehow mess it up, itā€™s still done by using genuine ford packages. Even the reformat package is a genuine package, leakedā€¦ but still genuine :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve lost track of how many times Iā€™ve told people this

1 Like

Funny because itā€™s true!

Hallo Marco,

wie ich sehe, habe ich das gleiche Problem mit der XML-Datei nach erfolgreichem SYNC Update. Auch ich kann die XML-Datei nicht zu Ford hochladen und bekomme das Navigation-Update nicht.

Deshalb meine Frage konntest du mit SYN3 ein erfolgreiches Update auf einem Model BJ 2022 durchfĆ¼hren?

Ich meine gelesen zu haben SYN3 fĆ¼r MY20+ nicht verwendet werden kann.

GruƟ,

Carsten

Hello Marco,

i have the same problem with the XML file after a successful SYNC update. I canā€™t upload the XML file to Ford and so I donā€™t get the navigation update.

My question, were you able to successfully update a model BJ 2022 with SYN3?

I read that SYN3 cannot be used for MY20+.

Greeting,
Carsten

Hi Carsten,
Iā€™ve made a map only update from F10 to F11 using Syn3 with autoinstall option and MY20 protection enabled.
Regards
Marco

1 Like

Hello @AuRoN,

Sync_N21V008J_WF0FXXWPMHPK39346.xml (10.9 KB)
Iā€™ve talked with Ford support and they mentioned something about missing VIN from DB. Trying to confirm my XML via ford .co .uk and got:
Processing: Sync_N21V008J_WF0FXXWPMHPK39346.xmlā€¦

I wonder, shall i keep my unconfirmed build i.e., 3.4 - 22251 or trying usbUpdater? Any advice is welcome here. thanks!

p.s. SYNC 3 >> about tab screen has both VIN & ESN values.

Yavor

I can force the update if you want. just let me know which packages you want to be set.

As a general information, all up to date VINs are now receiving a ā€˜fakeā€™ maps update. It contains the the Interrogator and the LST renamer packages. I think itā€™s a bug, but since there are indeed new EU nav voices available (but not listed) it might indicate that they are preparing the field for the F12 maps.

The new voices are there since late march actuallyā€¦ and, they are also installed in new vehicle during the vehicle prduction process, the weird thing is that they are installed along F11 maps, and this is indeed very weirdā€¦ it might indicated that for 2023 there will be just nav voices, and nort mapsā€¦ or they are just messing all shit up like they usually do :smiley:

1 Like

Nah , am happy all work properlyā€¦ bit of freezing if spotify is onā€¦ perhaps also my dashcam - always power on could be disruptive (guessing here not an expert)ā€¦ lets see what up-2-dates o_0 will come up next months

Thank you for this AuRoN!

1 Like

@AuRoN Iā€™ve updated my Sync to 3.4 latest version 22251 but the generated xml by interrogator seems corrupted like others mentioned above. Iā€™ve upload version 3.0 into my Ford account. Thereā€™s no way to update it with 3.4 version. Also, in the map section it still needs a log as it shows that your map is not updated. what can I do to fix this on Ford account?
thanks

send me your VIN in PM

2 Likes

After upgrade to 3.4.23088 the xml retrieved by interrogator fits ford website. At least for my VIN now shows current build. I noticed that this time there were no VT (vertical tabs) in the file . Earlier tried builds 22200 and 22251 had VTs and showed errors during upload. So 3.4.23088 is the possible solution.

Many thanks for the information. I will also upgrade to 3.4.23088 asap and Iā€™ll let you know