IPC not showing song info

Hello,

I recently upgraded my 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6L from the 8" Sync 2 system to a Sync 3 system which I purchased in a salvage yard from a 2019 Ford Fusion. After upgrading, I updated the software of the Sync 3 using syn3updater. However, I noticed that the “Now playing” menu in IPC is not showing any song information when playing anything over Bluetooth or Carplay on Sync 3, but it works perfectly fine when played through SiriusXM.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but I’m hoping someone can help me figure out what’s causing this issue. Please let me know if you need any more information to help me troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

This is likely related to the ENSS settings in the IPC. You will need FORScan and an OBD dongle to set the proper settings. You can find the settings to be adjusted in the Visteon L3 IPC database here on the site.

I changed the values of ENSS in IPC
ENSSDAB Was disabled, so i enabled it but it still didn’t fix the issue. Is it something else that’s causing the issue?

I changed the value to F which stated that it enables all ENSS

It might take an ignition cycle or two, or you may have to perform a reset on the IPC module thru FORScan.

Make sure RMI Entertainment is also enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to figure out my issue however i did perform a reset on IPC module and made sure RMIE is enabled but still it’s not working.

I think this might be a compatibility thing due to a 2013 Fusion and Sync 3. I’ll take a look at some other sources. You could try 2GFusion.net and see if there is anything there about this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.