Issues with Gen4 Sync 3 Fixed on 2013 Ford Edge Limited

Hello Guys

This is the first post for me and the first sync3 installation attempt as well

I retrofitted a Gen4 MY20 Sync 3 (L2G2-14G370-BBH) on my 2013 Ford Edge Limited , played with the AsBuilt Data , but I’m still suffering some problems
1- The on-screen climate controls are not working greyed out , as well as the vehicle setting and the ambient control setting, and the master reset option
2- Reverse camera is not working , whatever i tried to change in the setting ( Could be a faulty camera ) but I have to mention
3- The APIM Display wont turn off after turning the vehicle off , and when turning it off manually , i can still see the backlight , which means its not completely turning off
4- Whenever I set the clock , it will go back to 12:00 immediately ( Note : the GPS Antenna still on order , now the module is not connected to any GPS Antenna)
5-

Vehicle VIN:2FMDK4KC7DBA12771

Please I need your support to solve these issues specially the climate controls and the display off

SYNC Region: ROW

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.2121

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Ver 2

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1td4VbIS9H0byaV_u_mcLtm1-DyPxGk2J/view?usp=sharing

Are you trying to do a master reset with the engine on or off?

1 Like

The majority of those issues weren’t fixable sadly and I ended up just getting a new unit in the end. However a few things to note:

• The display backlight remaining on was fixed in my case by changing the illumination strategy, give SYNC 3 FAQ's And Common Issues - CyanLabs - Screen Isn’t Turning Off When Car Powered Off a look.
  • There was a blessing and curse of the APIM not being able to tell ignition status (which is the cause of Master Reset being unavailable), it effectively means the APIM always assumes your ignition is off and you’re just sitting in your car, off, with the door shut. A byproduct of this is that your APIM will shut off after a the timeout configured in your asbuilt configuration has elapsed (for me this was 30 minutes). This means the display will turn off on it’s own eventually, so you likely won’t fully kill your battery if you forget to turn it off. However since it also thinks your car is off when driving, it’ll shut down after the timeout while listening to music/using maps on longer drives.
  • Clock timers are likely a configuration/antenna issue, I used a cheap antenna from Amazon that barely worked when I bought my first (gen4) APIM and it didn’t work, waited to install the proper one until I got the new APIM so while I don’t know for sure that it’s fixable, I’d assume so. There’s an FAQ: SYNC 3 FAQ's And Common Issues - CyanLabs - Clock Does Not Stay Set/resets To 00:00 and if you check my post, F150Chief replied with a PDF explaining it.
  • Camera for me was a problem on MFT where it worked intermittently, I assumed mine just kicked the bucket and I ordered a new one but if yours worked beforehand, that might’ve been a gen4 issue as well.
  • Heated seats still work on the main screen if your Edge is equipped, so that’ll be helpful come winter time if you haven’t swapped your unit, other than that touch climate is useless sadly.
1 Like

Thanks Yousit

I guess I’ll exchange it with older one . Just let me know if these issues are limited to gen4 . The rest are ok ?

Everything worked fine for me once all of the asbuilt data was sorted out on the Gen 3 module. Keep in mind I have replaced my backup camera but that was intermittent in Sync 2. Also make sure to buy a proper antenna, otherwise time and nav will be messed up big time.

Got it ,Thank you

Can you share your Current AsBuilt Data

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.