Keeps rebooting, black screen, sometimes goes to main screen

Hello.

I have SYNC 3 NAV model JM5T-14G370-GNC, with head unit F1BT-18C815-LM.
Logo mostly keeps rebooting. Goes to black then again showing logo with very lack/slow animating not even finishing animating.
Had sometimes goes to black and pop up main screen and could work and stay on or again rebooting.
I tried update via IDS and FRDS no better even worse mostly its black, tried update sofware via usb from SYNC3 sofware version 2.3 Build 17109 to 3.0 Build 20204. Still not better.
I could say before update via IDS was working very slow couple minutes login to main screen but wasnt much black screen.

Is this issue could be fix? Is it software damaged mean have to format and reinstall all or is it hardware faulty mean some parts faulty as memory etc. ?

Regards
Arek

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.3.17109

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no error just keep rebooting sometimes can login to main screen but mostly black screen

Update Method: Official Ford

Hello.

That model does not appear on our hardware database… are you sure about it?..
Can you unmount it and check the stickers?.

What you are saying does not say “software failure”, but “hardware failure”.

At this state there is not much to do, you could try reformatting it once confirming it’s not MY20 and it’s a legit unit… if it’s some kind of cheap counterfeit reformatting could kill it (or finish it off).

Hello.
Im not to sure which numb

er is correct to find in database. anyway i removed and made all pictures of stickers.

Hardware issue mean as damage electronic components on the board , software issue mean is is software corrupted are data corrupted .

Regards
Arek

Thank you for the pictures, the 2nd one is the APIM.
I do not recognize that APIM model, nor does our database. A quick search of that APIM on the forums does not return any results either, so I’m not sure what that is.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.