Kuga/Escape 2020 without Nav

Actually it’s just because of my limited space to put regions, the full string is “ANZ, SA, TUR and TW”

2 Likes

Thanks all for your comments, I am not going to format it!!, no way. I ve checked the Ford webpage, SE Sport Hibryd comes without navigation, doesn t matter the region (NA or SA), maybe Titanium, but the topic is close. We are ok enabling Climate on the screen and Voice as well.
There are technical reasons that explains why format doesn t work anymore?
Regards

Yes, hardware/software changes as well as software drivers for changed hardware. The reformat tool does not accommodate the changes, as it is older software.

Ok, so, We need something new, maybe for the future, I’ve checked Ford website and the car has one pending update, only one file for the App.

I requested reformat for Ford Escape 2020
Black screen.
Please help me recover.

No
There is no fix. You were warned why did you continue.

I have no sympathy for anyone that ignored the instructions.

1 Like

Go to the dealer and perform the best act of your life to avoid any bill!
btw, 2020 cars already come with sync 3.4 official,
what did you try to install?

1 Like

probably 20196 and updated maps on 20136

Here in Argentina some guy performs the format in a 2020 Ecosport Titanium car with navigation and it works, but I think that in Brazil there are old apims yet, old version in stock yet.
Lower versions of car (S SE ) are getting the sync 2.5 radio (it s really bad quality and very slow)
Seems like US cars are using the new apims.

I can do it my self but i need the APIM in my hands, if someone can do it without needing to remove the APIM they have a leaked tool from ford that the general public does not have, likely the reformat tool has a newer version compatible with newer APIMs (more specifically the drivers for the displays) but this is not public knowledge