What was your Old SYNC Version? 3.3

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.3

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it? No

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

PASTE LOG HERE

Please describe in detail your issue below
…Hi, I’m hoping for some clarification. I have Sync version 3.3 on my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. I recently updated only the maps to 2020. Everything went fine and works fine except I don’t seem to have any more live traffic updates when I have a route plugged in.

I’m confused because I’m sure I had that before. To complicate matters, I came off of my free trial of Sirius XM and have only purchased the basic version with audio only. So when I go to traffic lists it says I’m not subscribed. I don’t remember seeing that on my other Ford vehicles.

Should I have live traffic updates on my Sync 3.3, with or without Sirius XM?

Thank you.

In NA, traffic updates come from SiriusXM only and require a separate NavTraffic subscription. If you just went with an audio only sub, you aren’t going to get any traffic info.

1 Like

You should have the complimentary Sirius traffic and data services subscription from Ford. I cant remember if it is a 3 or 5 year deal. My Expedition is a 2018 also and it is still going on that but it depends on when you bought it as to when the complimentary period ends.

If they are in Canada I believe our trial only lasts around 3 months. The states gets years of service.

1 Like

5 years in the US…

1 Like

Sign, I can also say traffic is only a 3 months trial in Canada. I guess Americans version are better in that sense.

Thank you for the responses. I purchased the 2018 Explorer used from Ford back in March. I updated Sync from 3 to 3.3 with the tool here, and I’m sure live traffic was working. Recently I did a map update to 2020. So now my question is, if the traffic service is supposed to last 5 years, could I have done something by upgrading to the 2020 map?

Or did this happen on the Sirius XM side when the trial ended and I bought a new subscription? I even had them do a reset because some station logos were missing (reset didn’t help).

So I have a lot of moving parts here and can’t pinpoint exactly when live traffic stopped working or what caused it.

If you bought Used then you only received a 3 month trial of Sirius/Travel Link. The 5 years is only for the original owner.

1 Like

As far as I know, if you separately activated Sirius service with just audio then that would have overridden any trials you were entitled to.

No, that is inaccurate. I called immediately to move my audio-only sub from my old car to my new one, and they informed that the new sub would start right after the 3 month trial i had. This was November of last year, and I had the Travel Link trial for the full three months.

I believe OPs trial just coincidentally ended right when he performed the update.

Right, they chose to activate your new plan only after the trials ends as a courtesy but if you manually go in to your account you can override the current (trial) plan. Depends on how it was done. You’re probably right though its just a coincidence with the timing where the trial ended.

You probably did have it when you just upgraded it. There was a 2 week trial running that just ended due to Memorial Day. That’s why you don’t show it anymore. Maybe try going to the Sirius website to see if you can get a free trial so that you can see if it starts working again.

I had the free 3 month trial until May 24. Then I purchased the $5/mth subscription. Right around that time is when I updated the maps. The 1st week of June I called Sirius to do a reset.

When I click on the Traffic List Icon, I get a message from Sirius that I’m not a subscriber. (I never remember seeing that before with my previous Escape, and I didn’t even have a Sirius subscription then.) When I go deeper it shows me as a subscriber to audio only, all the rest show non-subscriber. I guess the solution is for me to call Sirius and get the traffic subscription piece added, probably at an additional cost.

Thank everyone for your help.

This is correct. The traffic info is a separate service and cost.

1 Like

I live in Brazil and we don’t have this service available here. But Waze works pretty well for me and it’s free.

I wonder, why pay for a service when you can have it for free from the competition? Is NavTraffic so much better than Waze (it’s a real question, I don’t know NavTraffic and Waze has been very helpful for years)?

It’s not worth the money in my opinion. It’s very inaccurate and in my area it only shows the 1 freeway. It does not show anything on any other road.