Looking for clarification

Apologies in advance, i’ve read through some of the other posts and the suggestion seem to be to start a new thread for any questions not related to existing stuff, so if this should be posted elsewhere let me know.

I have a new Transit T250 (2023) with following:
4" screen
SYNC3 software version: 3.4.22251

I am not very savvy on this stuff so excuse the simplicity of my question. I have purchased an 8" screen and controls from a 2019 Ecosport to replace my existing 4" screen. I believe my vehicle is non-nav from what i can tell. My question is, is it possible for me to install this screen and then update via USB or is my model not compatible because it is a newer model, I’ve read somewhere that 2020 or newer won’t work but in some other places that it does, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

If it’s a no-nav variant, you will be ok.
You can’t reformat MY20 hardware with syn3updater, but reformat is not required for no-nav variants.
Worst case scenario, you will have to buy an adapter and change some asbuilt values, but that’s about it.
And I’m not 100% sure about that, it’s a requirement for 10 inches, but I’m not sure about 8.

Finally: should you update to 8 inch software, you will need to disable auto updates since Ford could push a 4 inch update your way.

Thanks so much for the reply, and for this great tool you’ve provided, will be making a donation to show appreciation for your work.

Will make sure to disable auto updates.

One more minor thing,before i go ahead with it. Is there a surefire way of knowing it is non-nav, should it tell you in the settings menu or on the APIM itself, this is my first ford vehicle and im not familiar with the interface at all.

Yw!.

If you do not have a Maps / Navigation button on the screen it’s a good sign it’s not, but if you want to be sure, create and run an interrogator log and run it against the unit. It will only read information from the APIM and create an XML file with such information.

You can open that XML file with Syn3updater (or share it here for us to review it, redact the VIN from the file’s title and content if you care about it) and check what it says: NA NAV APIMs are 32GB, so if your APIM is not 32GB or more, then it’s NO-NAV.

Thank you, much appreciated!

One final advise: since you know your unit is MY20, keep MY20 protection active at all times in Syn3updater. Even if it’s no NAV, keeping MY20 protection active will prevent Syn3updater from creating a reformat USB based on a wrong configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.