Missing features after upgrade

So, since updating I’ve lost a few features that I haven’t managed to get back with forscan. This is on a 2018 fiesta ST mk8. Before the upgrade, the system would shutdown with the ignition off and door open, it’s no longer doing this and stays on unless I press the head unit power button, I’ve tried filling the FAQ guide for this error with no luck.

Additionally, I’ve lost use of my rear view camera, but I’ve been unable to find anything on this, and it seems a strange one.

I’ve also lost my ability to control the brightness of the center screen, before upgrading to 3.4 the screen brightness would change with the buttons and all other internal lights in my car, but now the screen stays bright while everything else dims.

Any help with these would be much appreciated

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.21265

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.0.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

The first one is Illumination strategy is wrong.

The second is more than likely the camera is not working because you need to use Forscan and do a LIN Bus calibration.

The only thing I remember is something about the dimming only working when the lights are on. was a known issue. I could be wrong but I am sure someone else will know.

Use this for AB settings if you are not using the easy mode…
Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs

Of course before you do any of this you need to do a master reset first if you have not already.

1 Like

Correct. But it’s not an issue. Ford has changed the Illumination Strategies, this is by design.

1 Like

I have indeed done a master reset, first thing I tried. In the FAQ about it not turning off, it mentioned changing FD0-06-01 X1XX-XX, however mine is different, it’s only xxxx. Any ideas on how I change that?

Are you using UCDS or FORScan? Or Ford?
DE07 line does not change in various iterations of Sync 3. But the programs use for this either show or not the checksum bits.
7D0-06-01 xxxx-xx (This has the checksum bits shown.)
7D0-06-01 xxxx

I’m using forscan

Could you post your asbuilt…

Something to try is to load the complete asbuilt at once into the APIM and then do a master reset. If FORScan says there is nothing to program, just tell it to program anyways. Let the APIM reboot and then do a master reset. Make sure the unit loads completely before doing this. If you can navigate in the Nav then it’s loaded.

You can get your asbuilt for the vehicle at Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)

Download the asbuilt file and place it into the “Asbuilts” folder for FORScan. Then from the APIM asbuilt menu in the detailed asbuilt page, select “Load Factory” or something to that verbage at the bottom of the page… This will only load the current module asbuilt from the factory asbuilt file.