Missing speech in navigation maps F10

Well, you reformatted the unit again instead of autoinstall for the downgrade. Hence, you wiped out everything but what you just installed. Start over and install all of it again.

Could you please explain why it reformatted the unit? In Syn3 I saw that install mode was downgrade.
How can I check if the unit is going to be reformatted? Is that perhaps in the autoinstall.lst?

Thanks.

downgrade = format mode essentially. It downgrades to an older version that the reformat utility can be run from. This process then wipes out EVERYTHING on the unit so the USB stick then needs every file: Apps, nav, voice packs, gracenotes (if desired), etc…

Ok. As soon as I choose one of the 3 map versions it goes to downgrade, does that mean it always will reformat the unit? Only with “Keep existing maps” it stays on autoinstall.

As I no longer have any maps on the unit I will upgrade to F11. I would like to do that in at least 2 steps. But as it is a downgrade it will reformat the unit in the second step again, right?

But when I choose “Only update maps” it stays also on autoinstall. So that would be the option I need to choose? Because I can switch off/on every selection, which gives me the oppertunity to install F11 in a few steps.

Your help is really appreciated!

Correct. If you choose ‘Keep existing maps’ this is under the assumption that the map files already exist on the unit and it will attempt NOT to do the reformat for that reason so whatever you are installing/updating will do so over the existing software. But in this case you are missing maps and need to add them so this option does nothing for you. This option would be more suitable later after you’ve gotten the maps back on and wish to update to a new Sync version only.

Same for ‘Only install maps’ because it is not going to have the rest of the files that would be needed during a reformat. That said, using ‘Only install maps’ is not recommended on a non-MY20+ setup because it does take a LONG time especially for EU/UK. The reformat process is much quicker to add maps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.