Nav vs non-nav database question, as well as build date

Looking for info to help me find info.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 1.3.11

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Hey all, quick question: I keep reading about a database of APMIs, I also read that 2020 units can’t have map updates? I was sent a different unit than I paid for, and I’m not sure it has Navigation. also, it has a date of 2020 on it, so I’m assuming it is a 2020 build date unit. I’m having a navigation error, but have no GPS signal, so I think me cheap aftermarket antenna simply isn’t working. Should I ask for a refund on this unit and look for something else?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

The first thing to do is to return the item since they did not send what you paid for, which is a big red flag.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess you are right. The picture was the unit I received, I just didn’t know the date mattered as long as it was 2018 or newer, and figured the unit numbers weren’t too important as long as it still had navigation. It’s going to cost me almost $100 more to get what I’m really after, so I’m trying to save a buck because I’m cheap. :rofl: TLDR: I got the item they posted a picture of.

Just for grins and giggles run the interrogator utility against it.
It will give you a definitive answer.

1 Like

Post a pic of the sticker on the back of the APIM please.

1 Like

here you go.

So, I can’t do that, because I’m still waiting on the USB hub to come in. I pulled the APIM off the screen to see if I could find the model number because I read that’s where it can be found, I didn’t find a “14G371” number anywhere, but it did have a May 2020 build date on it, so RIP pocket book I guess. :grimacing:

Thats a 2020+ unit for sure and looks like a Legit unit. L series is a great APIM but it is very difficult to put map updates on them in the US as you cannot format them.

Thats a Fusion APIM but Non-Nav for sure.

Look for a K series if you can find one. Those were the best ones that are no 2020+.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help. By K series, which set of numbers would have the K in it?

The part number starts with a K. The one you took a picture of starts with an L “LS7T-14G370-BBH”

Ok, that’s kind of what I was thinking, but I wasn’t sure, and I was unable to find any definitive answers on it. Thank you! I’m looking at another unit, but the part number is a bit odd. I think it’s a K series based on the last four numbers before the 14G370.

Thats a good one. That comes out of a Lincoln so you will need to do some AB changes to it once you get it to have the Ford theme if that’s what you want.

It should have Navigation.

Beautiful. thank you so much for all your help. I appreciate it.

With Fusion/MKZ APIMS a -BCH part number on the APIM is a NAV APIM.
Mexico units made by Visteon have an external part number of 14G370 whether they are NAV or not.

So a NAV 2020MY would be a LS7T-14G370-BCH while a 2019MY would be KS7T-14G370-BCH

If you’re hunting on ebay it might be easier to find one using those part numbers.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.