Nav vs non-Nav hardware

Hi Everyone.
As I’ve just got my mondeo mk5, I am planning to upgrade it to sync3.
Problem is, I want sync3 with nav, but it seems impossible to distinguish between those 2 by just looking at hardware or part number.

I’ve found partshw database, but all parts number I am seeing on local UK ebay, don’t exist there, and even to complicate it more - pretty much every ebay listing has different part number.

Is there even a slightest clue how to tell if sync3 has nav or not ?

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: No

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 12345

New SYNC Version: 12345

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

If you’re UK based, this is the cheapest currently available and it is nav (14G370-GNF, GNG are common Focus nav enabled apims).

This one has got the screen to apim LVDS cable missing, so hassle the seller to include it of you’ll have to source one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195078844673?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NEBMwA3gRTG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=gUY6WfreQ3e&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Actually, just noticed that one is rusted. Search for 14G370-GNC, GNF or GNG and take your pick

1 Like

That is a good hint already - thank you very much I will keep looking

1 Like

No worries. You can swap the bracket on your sync 2 to a Focus Sync 3 too, it isn’t the same on the mondeo and focus mk3.5

Yeah that part I got figured, so I am not worried from what car it will come as long as it’s with nav :wink:

It’s not quite that simple, the S max and Galaxy have a different screen. Kuga and Focus are fine.

ah… don’t add complications :wink:
so - Kuga/Focus/Mondeo - GNC, GNF, GNG

Pretty much. Kuga has a different suffix, I don’t know which are nav. Stick to GNC etc and you’ll be fine

Bought one today and it will be on the way ! - Thank once again.

Can I ask you another trivial question - if I take as built from ford’s website for my VIN, and apply it to new sync3, will that work and be enough ?

No worries.

It’ll work, but you need to get an identically specified car for all config to work correctly, especially important is vehicle dimensions else it throws your navigation off. If you PM me your vehicle details I’ll point you in the right direction.

That’s very kind - not sure I don’t know how or I am not allowed to PM you. Maybe you can PM me and I will reply ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.