Navigation settings don't load if car hasn't been driven in a while

Thank you for the all the information. Is it worth attempting to update the firmware? It seems like all I need to do is update that one VBF. Looking at some of your other posts it seems that you’re against it unless absolutely necessary. I haven’t played around with FORScan since I swapped out my SYNC 2 APIM with the SYNC 3 APIM, so I’ll need to update to the latest version and renew my license.

Not really against it, but cautious. I have had to help a lot of folks fix their APIM’s because they just did it “because it was there”. If you need to do it, and I suggest you do in this case, just go as far as your vehicle will support, there is no sense going further, which can in some circumstances cause other issues.

That being said, going to a MY18.5 firmware does make sense for your situation. I would suggest:

3.2/3.3 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2018.5, Late J thru K Series)
Secondary Boot Loader: GB5T-14G376-AA
Strategy (F188): 1U5T-14G374-DA (6/27/2018)
Calibration (F124): 1U5T-14G375-DA (NAV) / 1U5T-14G375-CA (NON-NAV)
ECU Configuration/Sound Profiles (F10A): GB5T-14G379-AA
ECU Configuration/Illumination Strategy (F16B): JB5T-14G379-BA (6/7/2018)

There are various articles in the Information section you might want to read about flashing firmware and the FORScan and adapter setups to do so.

Latest Ford/Information topics - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

I just wanted to follow up on a closed issue:

I never got around to installing the firmware update, however the problem did get resolved, but not via software. The car battery died (it was 10 years old) and I put in a new battery which caused the issue to go away. I figure the voltage was dropping below some threshold and causing something related to navigation to shut down and require more time than allotted to load the settings when it started back up.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Replica

Old SYNC Version: 23188

New SYNC Version: 23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.11.10

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

N/A
1 Like