Newb question

I recently updated from MyFord Touch in my '14 Fiesta ST to a Sync 3 unit from a 2016-2019 Fiesta ST. When I first installed it I just plugged it in and everything worked fine. The only thing that didn’t work was the navigation which was stuck at a random intersection across the country. But I assumed this was because I didn’t have a GPS antenna plugged in. After a few months I finally plugged in a GPS antenna last week, and at the same time I updated to Sync 3.4 and activated my back up camera as well. Everything has been working fine but my navigation screen is now blank and when I check the DTCs I keep seeing a code for an open circuit for the GPS antenna. I’ve tried three different antennas, got a fourth coming on Sunday but at this point I doubt it could be an antenna issue. Any other ideas? I’m also very confused about what AsBuilt I should have, since my car is a 2014 but my head unit is from a 16-19.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 2.2.16280

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Sometimes just a blank screen, sometimes it will say “error with navigation system” or something similar.

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.2.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

1ee4dfcf-3b5b-600c-af20-0242ac120008

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you are still having issues

Firstly make sure you Master Reset if you haven’t already, then cycle power (disconnect and reconnect battery, for example)

Next post some asbuilt.

This thread has been closed due to inactivity.