Newbie old guy needs help

Need help please. I have a 2016 Ford F350. Original equipment was a Sync 2. I bought a Sync 3 from infotainment.com and installed it two years ago. It has version 3.0 Build 20204. Trying to update to 3.4 and I can’t figure out how to use you program. Note that the Sync 3 is not OEM, if that matters? (I WILL donate when I figure it out!)

First - can I update this from this version? Secondly - I don’t know the date of manufacture, etc. for the APIM and downloaded the interrogator software to a USB. Put i in my truck and it said software was updating for quite a long time and then went back to normal. I put the USB in my PC and the XML file is not there.

The warning about the APIM info and bricking my unit scares me. Do I need to take it out of the dash will I find the info on it? Is there a step by step guide, or video or something I can use?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.0

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: Official Ford

If you only installed that unit 2 years ago then i’d assume it was MY20 until you PROVE different. In the meantime you can still upgrade the unit just DONT REFORMAT

not from 3.0 he can’t

Follow out documentation step by step and run the interrogator log

This topic was automatically closed 7 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.