Ordered a SYNC 4 APIM, lets see what happens once it arrives!

See your PM…

Like a collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen bridge…

I know this has gone dead for a while, i still have yet to implement my changes to my SYNC 4 yet, basically it’s cold and dark by the time i finish work and i can’t be bothered to sit in my car for hours :laughing:

I hope to take a look at the weekend, once i have solved the remaining issues i will post some videos

1 Like

Close enough for the big ones:

1 Like

I tried putting one in my 2016 Mustang and used the motion unlock from 4dtech. Nothing was locked screen wise. I cannot connect with forscan 2.4.5 beta 3 or UCDS updated version. Any ideas on how to change asbuilt besides putting into a 2021 with sync 4? Nav wants a subscription as well so does not work. Carplay wireless worked, volume, speaker settings, Climate did not show on screen, back up camera only shows sensor screen.
Tried in a 2020 F150 XL could not see apim with forscan but all seemed worked except back up camera. Just park aid shows up and beeps. Volume, next track stuff. Apple carplay did not show in cluster either directions but sync 3 did not as well.

CANOPENER™ MOTION UNLOCK FOR SYNC EQUIPPED VEHICLES

Did all that have tried this have the back up camera working? Or did you have to program the asbuilt for it to work?

I used UCDS, ForScan can’t find a SYNC 4 APIM in my car and when i try and use a profile of someone with a SYNC 4 APIM it doesn’t use it and autodetects my car still.

No idea why anyone would pay for a Motion Unlock from 4DTech though…

I tried UCDS in my Mustang and the 2020 F150 and it did not read the APIM.

Select a car that has SYNC 4 such as the Edge from Direct Configuration and then select the SYNC 4 APIM (only legit versions of UCDS will work)

Ok will try, thx

1 Like

@Ray_P

See your PM…

Selected Mustang-E using UCDS and it saw the APIM. I still cant figure the Rear Camera. Now it shows a black screen when put into reverse then goes to the home screen after few seconds.

Looks like it is looking for the camera in the wrong place and defaults to “back to start” for the looks of it. Maybe the digital module is configured/analogue cam is configured but you have the other one?

1 Like

There is a setting in the APIM as built data that you have to tell it that its digital or analog.

1 Like

OK, so I have the back up camera working. The temp shows on the screen now when I raise and lower by the dial. I need to figure out how to show the climate screen button like my sync 3 has. Also doesn’t show when I raise the fan speed.
No phone buttons work, no Nav in the cluster or nav button from the steering wheel. I have the 2018 LCD Cluster as I was the first to do that upgrade and have it working and it does not show the android turns like sync 3 did.
I am going to put the TCU back in my car. I took it out after Ford updated there app and stopped it from working. Someone on the F150 forum fixes that issue, so I read. Mine worked except it would not start the car.

1 Like

Look in the APIM AB for climate domain, thats what ford seems to call the buttons on the bottom now. I tried to turn the climate domain on with my sync4 12" screen but it wont take the change, it has no problem letting me change the AB but it wont show on the screen. What software version are you on ? I believe TBT nav didnt come till a later version, ford was slow to roll that out for some reason. also look at he AB for telephony buttons, my 2022 SD is configured for 2 buttons answer/end call, you might have to configure that also based on your steering wheel.

edit: now that im looking at it the climate domain might apply only to the MME? they have a climate section on the bottom of the 15" screen. which could explain why i couldnt activate it on my 12" screen.

Ill do one more edit here, on my 22 SD, if I hit the button on the climate that show vent/floor for example, a menu comes up on the screen that let you select vent/floor/heated steering wheel/defrost im curious with the unit in your truck if you hit the vent button does this screen pop up ?

This is correct.

1 Like

well that makes sense why I couldnt get it on my screen lol.

1 Like

Your TCU will not work with Sync 4, just to say. The TCU will need the Sync 3 unit installed to function. The new Sync 4 / TCU setup communicates via ethernet through the new GWM, which you do not have.

The FordPass app works fine now, well as fine as it probably ever will. For a 2016 Mustang that is a retrofit, and you probably followed the F150Forum thread for the installation. Getting all the functions to work is simply a firmware upgrade and the proper asbuilt configuration for your vehicle. I have a TCU installed in my 2015 F150 Platinum since early 2019, and it has all the features of the new vehicles.

1 Like

I was able to use UCDS a little more and can get the climate screen to show up but shows (if you can see this bad config P702) I can see the temp and fan speed pops up when I use them and can use heated cooled seat icons on screen. nav still does not go to cluster and volume works but search does not from steering wheel unless I am using usb music then it will go forward and back not on FM though.
Any way to get rid of the f150 FEATURES Icon at the bottom?
Really need climate screen to work for feet heat and those selections.
I need to send my profile to Forscan so they can hopefully get that working instead of using UCDS. Also can’t change the startup logo just shows Ford.

You are not going to get the climate control to work, only the home screen parts like heated seats etc.