Playing Videos on sync 3.4 and adding wallpapers

Yeah his name is Lee?

Yes

£50 i believe, let me check with him how best to provide you his contact details.

EDIT: accidentally pressed send too soon :smiley:

Yes he is called lee. Owns a blue focus RS. Thanks yeh i mean if you can leave me his number or instragram or something, i could drive out to him .

im going to have a snoop around later in qnx and see what if i can figure it all out, if i figure it out ill buy the reader and do it myself otherwise i can use the guy in manchester as thats close to me.

Dm’d you his details.

Very interesting!! Keeping my eye on this.

My Sync3 system is already modified for 1month. I have custom (made by me) “goodbye screen” and the video player is activated. It was not so difficult, the person who did it used only one usb stick, the sync version was downgraded, system hacked, system updated to 3.4, video player activated.
My opinion about the video player is that it plays .mp4 files, but the full movies are lagging, the voice is delayed (I played it from SSD).So I’m not sure the hardwer is prepared for video playing. In the demo videos looks good until you play small files, video clips…

Hmm interesting, are you sure they didn’t already pre-modify the Sync with a custom certificate? if a method that requires no specific hardware is found i would be happy to document for free hows it done do you have any more information?

Yes the Hw doesn’t really do video playback well, cpu is too weak

Only sw modification was applied on my Sync3. No hardware change or modification. I was at the car during the process.

What version of sync were you in previously?

This is something completely different, this is using rooted android phones and AAMirror, nothing special here

It would be nice to have a video input for a front mounted camera!

Hi, ref modding apim for playback does it matter if Apim is GEN 3 has the daughter boards are different to other versions or does the jig still align to eMMC when you direct write to it? I referring to your service

You can , you just need extra wiring and impb module plus fascia to activate . Find the Ford wiring diagram for yours and enable it

1 Like

Where can you get the apim eeprom reader from?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.