Please Help!

“Error in 1st: NU5T-14G381-AB_1665525837000.TAR.GZ not found” Message displayed within first few seconds of trying to instal my update. my screen is now not letting me use any of my normal Sync 3 features (music, nav, phone etc. ) and I’m having trouble pushing the update through the rest of the way. I went through all of my files on my UBS 3.0 (64gb) thumb drive and that TAR.GZ file IS located on the thumb drive under the “syncmyride” folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My unit is stuck waiting on the update before I can use it now so the sooner I can get it fixed the better. vehicle is a 2017 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 with the 2.7L eco boost…

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Error in 1st: NU5T-14G381-AB_1665525837000.TAR.GZ not found

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Post the following:

• Image of the error on the screen (the complete screen)
  • Screenshot of the USB’s root contents
  • Screenshot of the SyncMyRide’s folder content
  • Contents of the reformat.lst file

I had to change the “reformat.lst” file to text and share it that way because I’m on IOS and “.lst” is a windows file. Hope this helps you see where I’m stuck

Next picture

Final picture.

I think the folder is wrong, it’s SnycMyRide…
It must be SyncMyRide

I just changed it back to “syncmyride” would misspelling it mess up the upload process?

What do you think?. :slight_smile:
You are basically asking if naming is important in computer systems…
The process looks for files inside that folder, with that specific name.
So yes, that’s your issue.

Rename it and try again.
If something else happens and a file ins not found, make sure the files are correctly named as per the instructions, in both the directory as in reformat.lst

It’s starting to download on my truck now… I feel so stupid for overlooking something so small. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, don’t worry about it, it can happen. Consider this a peer review, and you now have a story to tell :wink:

Just update the thread once it’s completed, ok?.
And remember to perform a master reset once it’s done.

A master reset just like in the factory updates?

From the instructions Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs

Update has just completed and a factory reset has been done. Thank you for your help! Everything seems to be working

You are welcome.
Awesome, thank you for the feedback.
Enjoy it!.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.