Pre-Check before updating 3.0 to 3.4

Hey All! I was wondering if you someone could take a look at my interrogator logs before I go ahead and try the 3.4 update to make sure I won’t have any issues or things I need to be careful of before I go ahead and do it.

Vehicle is a MY18 Ford Raptor on 3.0.20204. Previous owner did do some Forscan Tweaks, but I haven’t had a chance to compare the originals to whats currently on the truck yet.

Version JR3T-14G381-AX
APIM Model: JS7T-14G371-KGA
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 32GB
APIM Free Space: 5.1G
10/24/2022 18:40:59 +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/usb0/ = 29G / 29G
/fs/tmpfs/ = 122M / 128M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 177M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 83M / 11G
/fs/Nuance/ = 295M / 5.7G
/fs/Nuance/ = 2.5M / 482M
/fs/Nuance/grace = 5.1M / 1.0G
/fs/rwdata/ = 612M / 1024M
/fs/mp/ = 40M / 1024M
/fs/images/ = 5.1G / 26G

Installed Packages
JR3T-14G424-CC
JR3T-14G422-CD
JR3T-14G421-CC
JR3T-14G391-CE
JR3T-14G423-CB

APIM AsBuilt
DE00: AA2A01030402A900148A
DE01: 57530503F402029000000005
DE02: 0000010300
DE03: 010014000E0001
DE04: 1A681A6838A4
DE05: 80
DE06: 47003300000000029A00005656A500C8

Here is the link to the uploaded APIM log: SYNC 3 & 4 APIM AsBuilt Decoder - CyanLabs

Reading through that decoder, there are some oddities that I noticed:
REVELi/B&O Sound System is set to off ( I have B&O )
Cross-Traffic Alert is Disabled ( I thought I had that )
Calm screen is enabled??
BT Vehicle Nameplate ID is set to Ford Taurus?? LOL

Thanks in advance! I have Forscan so I’m able to do anything necessary in Forscan if needed.

Mike

Yes, the previous owner did FORScan changes to the APIM.
The country code was changed to 5753, which enables “NAV in motion” but disables emergency safety features. You want to change this back to 5553 (US) before you upgrade the unit. The newer NAV updates are much better, and this mod is no longer needed or recommended.
REVEL/B&O Sound System is set to ON.
Even though it is indicated you have a TCU, the hotspot modem is disabled.
Your theme is set to Lincoln, not Ford.
Calm Screen is disabled.
BVNI is 0E=F150.
Remember, when you read the asbuilt generated by the Interrogator Utility, there are no checksum bits present in the data.
You can get your Factory Asbuilt at: Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)
Enter your VIN and download the file.

JS7T-14G371-KGA does not show up in the database here. The best way to tell if this one is safe is to look at the manufacture date on the unit. You can compare it to the asbuilt also. You need to verify this is not a replacement APIM.

Thanks. I just sent a message to the previous owner to ask if he had replaced it. I think its unlikely because he bought the truck new and I didn’t see anything in the service history that would indicate that.

Just downloaded the current “AsBuilt” off the truck with Forscan and compared it to both the Factory AsBuilt and the backups that the previous owner sent me as well. The only thing it is showing changed on the APIM is the country code as you said.

Here’s what Forscan showed me:

Someone recently found out they had a replacement, it wasn’t in their service history so don’t use that as “evidence”

For sure. What’s also weird is that Reading through this Forscan APIM data, it says External CD is disabled, but I most certainly have a CD drive in the truck LOL.

To find the manufacture date on the unit, I have to pull it out?

Yes

Here is the same APIM part number from one being sold on ebay. Shows a mfg date of early 2019:

This truck had a build date of 14-OCT-2018. What exactly are we trying to find out? Making sure its not a MY2020 APIM ?

Yes, it’s probably fine, no guarantees and as stated in Syn3Updater you do this at your own risk, but based on the part number and pics online it would suggest you are fine.

1 Like

Absolutely. We have seen replacement APIM’s show up with the old part number series with 2020+ manufacture dates, so we want to be sure so you don’t brick your APIM. In your case the APIM should be ok to reformat.

OK. Thanks guys. I’ll give it a shot this weekend. To confirm one last thing, I should revert the Forscan changes in the APIM before I run the updater right?

I mean it probably doesn’t matter but it’s probably best to do so.

1 Like

Sorry to bug you guys again. I’m currently creating the 3.4.22251 updater USB. One thing I noticed is all of the map files are 3.2 versions. Just wanted to make sure that is correct. Also, is there any reason, I should remove say the Spanish or French voice files to conserve space?

Planning on trying the calm screen to see if it works before messing with firmwares in Forscan.

Thanks!

That is the revs of the maps, not the Sync versions. These are different, what you see is correct. Removing the Spanish or French voice files to conserve space won’t help the performance of the APIM, but it will not hurt anything as long as you use English exclusively.

1 Like

Ok. If it won’t help anything, no sense in doing it!

Here’s a link to the updater log from the drive I just created. Everything seems to look ok from here :slight_smile:

Looks fine.

@CyanLabs @F150Chief All went well no issues at all! 27:32 reformat/install time. No issues so far on 3.4.22251 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.