NA

Do you have Navigation?
Yes
What region is your SYNC APIM?
NA

What was your old SYNC Version?

What is your new SYNC Version?

??

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

I ran reformat and now I’m locked into the reformat screen loader.

How did you update, Ford Website / CyanLabs Website / Syn3 Updater?

If you answered Syn3 Updater above;

• What version of Syn3 Updater did you use?

• Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater | Cyanlabs Docs ?

• Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below
    (Log files can be found on the root of your USB drive or in %localappdata%\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Logs)

REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR LOG

Please provide any further details below

I’m trying to figure out how to force the APIM out of the installation screen. Trying to load the files to the flash drive to update is causing them to not to read on the install portion of the apim- showing error update packages not found

Post the log of the USB creation, as well an image of the error.
If it’s at the point I think it is, it’s solvable…

If you are seeing this then it’s not a MY20 APIM/Screen

1 Like

If you are seeing the screen on, and probably a red screen with an error message, then it is recoverable. Follow this to recover the APIM to 3.3.19052, then update the APIM with the software you desire from there. Look at the install you have, you probably already have 4U5T-14G381-AN_1552583626000.TAR.GZ.

Reformat Boot Screen Recovery.pdf (113.8 KB)

You can also make this install with the Syn3 Updater…

1 Like

Def a MY20 apim build date of april 2020

I mistakenly ran the reformat utility usb that I had set up for my wife’s 2016.

1 Like

Thanks this did the trick

1 Like

You are welcome. You can use the Syn3 Updater now to upgrade as you like, make sure you reflect the change to 3.3.19052 in the ‘old Sync’ setting.

One thing to be aware of, if you update your 2020 F150 to the latest version it may roll back to the version Ford lists as available for the vehicle by OTA updates.

Were you updating just the Sync app and voice files or updating maps also?

Create an USB interrogator log with Syn3Updater, run it against the APIM and upload the log please (redact the VIN first)

The reason I’m asking for this is that if it were all MY20 components, reformat would had bricked your unit. We do not have a single case of successfully reformatting MY20/+ HW, since the reformat tool does not have the proper drivers for them.

So either you are the chosen one and inmune to MY20 bricks or there’s something going on with your APIM that’s not MY20 completely (APIM and/or Screen). I suspect the latter.

Has it been serviced in the past?.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.