Replacement APIM MY20?

My original fully updated APIM was deemed bad by Ford. I was given a replacement, that ended up getting bricked (my fault!). Luckily, it was covered under warranty and I played it off as an update error (Got really lucky!).

Got the new APIM and snapped a photo of it. The hardware ID is : JR3T-14G371-BJG

According to the hardware database, this is not MY20.

What worries me is the manufactured date on the APIM. It’s marked: 08/11/23

Syncupdater3 did a test for MY20 and it stated it was not MY20.

Any insight if this is able to be safely updated without bricking the APIM? I doubt I could pull off another bad APIM.

Currently running Sync 3.0 20204

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

That’s MY20, DO NOT REFORMAT IT.
We will update our DB to reflect so.
Thank you for the feedback and photo, it will definitively help others in the future.

EDIT: can you upload the interrogator log output for this unit?, redact the VIN If you care about it.

Bummer!!! I am hating sync 3.0! Thanks for the quick response.

Vin removed. Here is the interrogator log.

Sync_W28AG31S_2FMPK3K93JBB42019.xml (10.1 KB)

Thank you, I will review it once I’m home…

EDIT: Thank you, I’ve reviewed it and all seems good.

Someone on Facebook tells me it is possible to update using the "Install Mode: “autoinstall” in the syn3 updater. Claims to do it all the time etc.

I know not to use the reformat option. But would autoinstall still brick the unit?

I appreciate your insight on this!

There’s always a “facebook guy”… :rofl:

You can’t go from 3.0 to 3.4 without reformatting, they use different partition layout (hence the reformatting). So if he knows how to autoinstall 3.4 from 3.0 please ask him to write a guide/tutorial for others to follow…

3 Likes

And that is why I go to the experts. Appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello again.

I’ve reopened the thread temporarily to let you know that there might be an option for you.

Recently, FMods released an “universal reformat package” that works on MY20 units. For that to work, you need to jailbreak the unit first.
That way, you might be able to go from 3.0 to 3.4 on your MY20 unit.

The high level path would be:

• Go over Fmods and research about all of this
  • Jailbreak your 3.0 APIM
  • Use the universal reformat package from Fmods to reformat the unit straight to 3.4.

WARNINGS:

• keep in mind that you can’t ever use the official reformat tool on your unit, you will have to keep it in mind for ever.
  • this should work but no one have done it yet since the tool is quite new, so no tutorial as a whole.
1 Like

Thank you! I will look into it. I’ve been a member of FMODS for a year now and my previous APIM was jailbroken. That is the primary reason why I wish to run 3.4 as many mods do not run on 3.2 or lower.

Appreciate your feedback!

Np!, it seems you know most of the journey, since you are not new to JB, which is a good thing in your situation.

Take care and good luck with your new little project.

IT WORKED!!!

Using that utility and syn3updater I was able to successfully update!!!

I love you man!! I was so close to moving to an Android unit. It is now 100% possible to update on the newer MY20 units!!!

1 Like

Awesome man!, thank you for the words and feedback! :slight_smile:
We are glad that it worked, as far as I know you were the first one to use the new reformat package from FMODs, and it’s a clear success!.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.