Screen/APIM won't shut off, causing battery drain

Hi all,

A couple years ago I did a retrofit kit on my 2015 Expedition to upgrade from Sync 1 on a 4inch screen up to Sync 3 on an 8inch screen (non-nav unit). I’ve followed countless guides and sought help on how to relieve this issue, including setting the IGS bit, but I’ve never been able to fully solve it. I’ve read around this forum and it seems like I may be able to get some help from here, including getting a proper AsBuilt config for my setup. Many thanks in advance.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 1

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: N/a

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

N/a

Never heard of this. Typo?

The screen not turning off could be a bad setting. I can’t remember which one but if I remember right it’s set to C1MCA when it should not be.

My bad, I’ve heard it referred to as the Illumination Gateway Strategy (IGS) bit. It’s the change at 7D0-06-01 that is frequently mentioned. I believe that’s what you’re referring to as well?

Yup that’s the one. Try maybe putting a zero in the second bit. A 15 Expedition is a CGEA 1.2 vehicle, but it should work on CGEA 1.3. C1MCA will not work for sure though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.