Screen size and APIM firmware or software

Thanks for the assist, I assumed the software was already at the 8" version. The change needed to be made also for the right theme.

Updated above post. All is working now! Thanks everyone for your help. Now I have to sell my 2016 NAV APIM SYNC 3.4, 2015 SYNC 2 APIM / Touchscreen, 2015 RCU w/ CD Player, 2015 Wire Harness.

The 2021 APIM was set up for the 2021 4" display as far as the screen drivers. You needed to reset the APIM and power cycle, then it works with the older displays. To go back to a 2020+ screen, you would need to do the procedure over again to use the newer drivers. The drivers are different for the older vs newer screens.

Did you swap the 2021 ACM back in or stay with the 2015 with CD?

Happy it’s all working now. Enjoy…

Im using my original 2021 APIM w/ 2015 FCIM 8" Bezel and original 2021 NO-CD ACM.

1 Like

this is probably why, i didn’t care enough to diagnose further, @Louage did mention this may fix it though

1 Like

For the FCIM DTC’s, try these settings for the FCIM thru FORScan.

FCIM - B11E5 - Left HVAC Damper Position Sensor
This will be one of these:

7A7-01-03 *xxx xxxx xxxx Front Left-Hand Side Discharge Sensor - Panel (FLDSP) & Front Left-Hand Side Discharge Sensor - Floor (FLDSF)
0=FLDSP not present & FLDSF not present
2=FLDSP not present & FLDSF present
4=FLDSP present & FLDSF not present
6=FLDSP present & FLDSF present

I have not found settings for the Solar Sensors.
FCIM - B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor
FCIM - B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor

FCIM As Built Database.xlsx (67.4 KB)

1 Like

Didn’t fix it. I think is just a firmware compatibility issue with older FCIM modules. They must not use the solar sensors in the newer models so it is not there and causes the FCIM to report these 3 errors. I looked again and its talking about the right-hand HVAC damper sensor, not the left. I used your breakdown to try and clear that one and that one won’t clear either. I didn’t try every code combination possible in the list for the HVAC Damper Sensor but ultimately it’s not hurting anything. I have been trying to find a Bezel from current-gen models but there are 4 types not for the mustang. Most places won’t even sell them due to backorder and I can’t find specific information on what model I need for my car not having heated and cooled seats and a single-mode HVAC system. Either way $500 bezel is a little expensive to correct some harmless DTCs that are no0t throwing a MIL light.

FR3Z-18842-(S,T,U,V) are the found part numbers on the ford datasheet but they have no information about features other than interface 5, 3, and some other lingo I’m not sure about what it says. Is there any way that yall know of to update the firmware on it?

1 Like