Should I upgrade Sync 3 3.0.20204 to 3.4.22048?

Hello everyone, first of all I’m new around here. I’m NA based so radio logos won’t affect me. However I’m very curious about the changes past the visual ones. Should I upgrade?

Also is there anyway to get Android Auto working Wirelessly on 3.4? That might be the main thing I’m looking for.

Thanks in advanced.

Mostly speed improvements, no one can tell you if you should or shouldn’t upgrade, just be aware that it’s impossible to go back to 3.0 if you go to 3.2+

No, this requires 5GHz WiFi Direct functionality and SYNC 3 to support Wireless Android Auto which isn’t something it does, you need a AAWireless device or SYNC 4 for Wireless AA

Thank you so much for your response. It was very enlightening, now I know I can make Android Auto work wirelessly after buying the AAWireless.

In regard to the speed improvements and whether or not others can say if I should or not. I guess a better question would be, would YOU upgrade? and if so, why?

Well i did upgrade then i made guides and a Syn3 Updater application to make it easier for others so to answer your question

Yes

I won’t give reasons as i don’t want to sway your decision either way unfortunately.

I decided to go for it. I will come back after the update and post my experience to share with the community.

Thanks again!

1 thing to note is your car is 2016, you may need to replace the USB Hub to get rid of an annoying warning every time you start it. AA will work with the warning CarPlay will not.

I think my hub was previously upgraded as it has the blue outlines around the ports. No way to know for sure I guess. Either way, what/which warning are you referring to?

Its different for different cars so not sure, but its the warning that Ford have added to prevent you using your old USB hub, something like unsupported usb hub

Also, if your hub needs to be replaced, Car Play won’t work.
You may get away with Android Auto though.

Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3 - Ford APIM - Docs - CyanLabs Official Community

I believe I have this one: HC3Z-19A387-B thru F (BLUE BACKLIGHTING) Ford (Wide 2 USB-A Port).

I don’t care about CarPlay anyway since I’m an android User.

On another note, update was successful and it was done in 6 minutes and 17 seconds. Everything works fine so far.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

if you aren’t getting that message when you start SYNC 3 then you are good :slight_smile: make sure you Master Reset also

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.