SiriusXM Logo Instead of Channel Logo

Looks like SiriusXM changed their channel lineup on March 1st. Since then all of my channel logos have been replaced by the SiriusXM generic logo. I have done a soft reset and a master reset. I’ve also had the SiriusXM signal refreshed a few times with no resolution. This has been going on for close to a week and I’ve got about 8 hours of driving in the car with no update on the logos. I called SiriusXM this evening and they said there seems to be a Ford/Lincoln issue. Anyone else experiencing the same? Wondering if going to an older version of Sync will fix the issue. Currently running 3.4.23188 on a 2020 Ford F150.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: Official Ford

I just noticed that yesterday also. Kinda looks lame.

Not all SiriusXM channels refresh the channel logos over the air. The channel logos are sourced from the Sync app. This will need to be addressed on the next Sync update unless SiriusXM pushes logos thru the OTA channels. Channels that have not changed should not be affected. As a side note, they have been slowly changing the channel lineup for a few months now due to the decommissioning of the older Sirius platform.

This is every single channel. All of them show the new SiriusXM logo instead of the channel logo. Really confusing when you look at your presets and they’re all the same. :sweat_smile:

What’s really disappointing is how long Ford decided to stick with the Sirius platform when this was pretty much expected early on. The XM birds are just better. Would still love to get a SiriusXM capable ACM in my C-Max, but almost seems like a lost cause finding one that can still speak to the older C1 vehicles.

1 Like

In the Northeast US, the Sirius platform, while crappier sounding and very bad at channel map updates, there was a benefit with the old Sirius constellation in that the satellites were much higher in the sky, and tree fade wasn’t as much of an issue. Ever since they got rid of the geosync satellites though, that system has just needed to die.

1 Like

Now if Elon would open up his satellites to the non Tesla’s for music than maybe Sirius would have some competition. Ford would be smart to use Tesla’s tech for music to.

Same here on a Ford Escape 2020 Titanium. Everything was fine and I noticed pauses kept growing between commands so I did a USB upgrade to 3.4.23188, and it now it is faster, but the cool icons are gone and the presets don’t show the channel. Did you find a solution?

No solution yet. SiriusXM gave me a ticket number and said they would follow up next week.

Here’s how my presets look. Every channel comes up the same way.

It’s a system wide issue so we will all get a fix once they finally do it.

Definitely something SiriusXM did. This is not a Sync issue other than the fact the logos are likely now invalid that are loaded in the Sync app. There will surely be a Sync app update soon that will address this. By the way…, not the first time this has happened.

This has also been reported on FMods and F150Forum.

If my 2017 Fusion was still on sync 3.0, would I still have logos not updating to the current lineup or is it just a side effect of updating to 3.4?

Same either way.

It seems like they’re working on it, after I did a master reset yesterday it’s at least not overwriting the logos that “came” with Sync. I also got a few of newer channels that weren’t in there (but I also still have a bunch that just say SiriusXM)

Looks like they figured it out and are pushing out the fix. My channel logos returned yesterday.

FYI- SiriusXM just needed to fix the metadata in the transport stream, there is no fix they are “pushing out”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.