SiriusXM Logos on 3.4?

So my 4 to 8 kit came from infotainment.com, the supplied harness didnt connect the acm to the apim, and the company doesnt sell the harness by itself however the company 4dtech.com also sells the 4 to 8 harness which includes a harness that connects the acm to the apim. Which solved my issue of no xm channel logos cause now the acm and apim talk to each other if that makes sense. Both companies have their installation videos on their respective sites youll see the difference in the installation. And my car is 2016 interceptor utility explorer variant so mine didnt come with xm from the factory so i installed an acm that had it and bought the correct jumper that had both connectors on it from the main antenna connection located in the passenger side foot panel on the far right side by the A pillar. There were some changes on forscan that had to be made as well but i made those when i still had the 4 inch screen cause i was running xm radio then.

My PIU had the rear speakers but they had a cover over the speaker grill inside the door. You could hear them but they were never that loud till I removed the cover inside.

Mine had the same issue, if you take the panel off on the inside part you can see where theyre supposed to drill out the holes. So a stepper bit and a drill and poof lol instant sound. However the audio is severely biased to the front so i had to amplify the rears to be actually audible. That and twin 10inch pioneer champion series subs lmfao which i have dialed down cause wayyyyy too much bass. Lol

Balance settings on the APIM did not work?

I wasnt thus far aware of how everything works but the fade didnt do anything but the amplifier fixed it lol

I upgraded from 3.0 build 20204 (My Vehicle: 2017 Ford Escape). I had the same no more SiriusXM logos. Has anyone attempted to reinstall with selecting ‘keep existing maps?’ I’m thinking this is worth a shot since it states this package includes the logos. Mine finished, to include the maps, in 26mins. I think it still was showing 80% when it just said complete. I also wanted to put this out to ensure I won’t brick by trying to reinstall the same files, thanks all. -J

Reinstalling Sync does not fix this issue. The app contains the logos but there are a number of things that have to happen between the APIM and ACM for the logos to be displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.