Small issues with 3.4

So I updated my 2017 Expedition with the factory Sony system to 3.4 using the manual method. Install was a breeze. When it rebooted did the full reset like instructed. All it really did was reset my audio settings… My audio sounded amazing for the first day. Now my bass is super muddy and sounds like a cheap Bluetooth speaker and my treble is super high.

My dual ac controls are also messed up. When it’s off it says it’s on. But when you turn it off, it grays out th button and turns it on.

Last my screen finally dims at night correctly. But now my back up camera doesn’t go full brightness like it used to.

Is there a way to ensure a full reset to see if that helps anything?

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Stock (Original Unit)

Old SYNC Version: Not sure

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Nope

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Reload your original APIM asbuilt data with FORScan and perform a master reset.

Was your APIM on Sync 3.0 before you upgraded to Sync 3.4? You will find that the AC control issue is documented with CGEA 1.2 vehicles upgraded to Sync 3.4. This is a known issue. Downgrading to Sync 3.3.19052 would probably make the AC controls normalize.

As far as the audio, turn off all equalizer settings in Sync and especially on your phone, if you are streaming via BT.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.