[Solved] Stuck on Extracting map package for 1 hour. What should i do?

Hi, i am updating from sync 3.3 to 3.4, plugged in the flash drive that was created using the automatic mode on windows, and it has been plugged in for an hour already presenting the message “Extracting map package” and the progress bar stopped at about 25% and the car still running. What should i do? I’m afraid to shut off the car since by accident i didn’t take a picture of the codes.
Thanks

Update: 20 mins after i posted this, it advanced and changed to Extracting nav voice package. I then took the car for a spin and when i stopped it and opened the door it turn off my ignition, prompting the process to start over, after about 40 min again in Extracting map package i pulled the flash drive to see if it would reverse to the sync i had installed but it simply gave an error message and started over and asked for the flash drive. Since it’s almost 2 am (started at 10pm)where i live i ended up stopping and decided to try again tomorrow with more time or another flash drive

Just out of curiosity, did it end?
Time could be related to poor usb performance.
If i were you, I’d wait until something happens.
It should fail somehow.
I also think if it fails, it’s recoverable.

20 mins after i posted this, it advanced and changed to Extracting nav voice package. I then took the car for a spin and when i stopped it and opened the door it turn off my ignition, prompting the process to start over, after about 40 min again in Extracting map package i pulled the flash drive to see if it would reverse to the sync i had installed but it simply gave an error message and started over and asked for the flash drive. Since it’s almost 2 am (started at 10pm)where i live i ended up stopping and decided to try again tomorrow with more time or another flash drive.If it doesn’t work i will post again and if it works i will post anyway. Thanks

Not sure why on earth you decided to turn the ignition off and open the door. If you are EU and nav it takes almost an hour of you are NA it’s about 30 minutes. Start the process again with the engine on and do not turn it off till complete. Once complete remove the usb or you may end up looping.

Please also note it’s not a progress bar it’s a per step bar. So it will hang on extracting maps for ages as they are large. It will also hang on extracting nav voice for ages as they are large after those steps are done it will quite quickly finish the rest of the steps

Thanks, it just finished after 2 hours running, so far without any bugs that i noticed.
Thanks for the support

Thanks for updating us, for interest could you show us the usb stick you used?

Hi, i used a Sandisk ultra microSd card 64gb cat10 in a usb card reader. I wasn´t expecting it to be so slow because i have used it before to transfer movies and it’s usually faster than my USB 3.0 flashdrives

Ok, its likely down to your USB card reader as thats the only unique thing. I’d advise using a normal USB stick in the future.

most cheap USB card readers are absolute crap, never use them for something like this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.