Some other way to obtain Forscan 2.4+

Attempted to update a 2016 APIM via FDRS, which failed. While the APIM is still available on the network, it’s not longer functioning. Want to use FORScan to attempt to re-flash it, but I can’t download 2.4+ without a Forum login, and I can’t register for a forum login without an invite code, and I can’t get an invite code without buying a license, and I can’t find anywhere on their site to actually buy a license, so now I’m stuck and not sure where to go next. Cyanlabs has the guide on how to do this, so I know it can be done, and I’m perfectly willing to pay for the license as it saves me having to buy a new APIM, but for crying out loud, why does FORScan make it so hard to get the version 2.4+ that can actually do programming. The links on here say that the 2.4.6 is a “public” beta, but you can’t access it without a login, which bring me back to the viscous circle I documented above. Anybody have any alternative ways to get FORScan 2.4+?

Unfortunately, the paid license function does not seem to be working on the FORScan website at this time. You can apply for an extended license only.

Support Request (forscan.org)

November 28, 2023 - Suspending sales

Due to another set of strange problems with international payments, we have to stop selling Extended Licenses for Windows and paid licenses for FORScan Lite for Android. As a temporary solution, our free products are still available (2 month trial Extended License and FORScan Demo for Android).

The trial license works also for the 2.4.9 beta version, hardware ID is also the same no matter what forscan version.

Download link: https://forscan.org/download/gcm/FORScanSetup2.4.9.beta.exe

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

FORScan Licensing Sales and Support, November 28, 2023 - Extended Licensing is Working - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

You need the paid license for firmware programming and other functions to work.

You just answered my question as well. I have the 2 month trial license, but I need the paid license to update my firmware to get SiriusXM logos and calm screen on my 2017 Escape TItanium (USA). Any way to get the firmware without the paid license?

You need a licensed version to be able to change the firmware. The firmware is readily available, but you still need your app licensed to use it.

Thanks for the answer F150Chief. I suspected this was going to be the answer. Since FORScan is part of the sanctions placed on Russian companies, my only recourse is to take my Escape to the dealer and have them update the firmware.

FORScan is available now for paid licenses…

FORScan Licensing Sales and Support, November 28, 2023 - Extended Licensing is Working - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.