Sony buttons won't lights up

hey, Cyanlabs team, looking for advice, for some reason my Sony panel buttons won’t light up anymore, all buttons work, but not able to see them in the dark. I want to say it’s one of the codes on APIM. Has anyone across some similar? I want to say it did work before I started messing around with the codes but unfortunately didn’t pay a close attention to track it down. Thx

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 1.0.15139

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
DTC errors on APIM and ACM. Have a very base model 2017 focus with an updated Sync3 from a 4-inch screen.

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

100% one of the asbuilt values, which one? not sure offhand, we have entire databases for this stuff though

1 Like

thank you, Scott. Went over the APIM and BCM codes, but couldn’t find anything related to my car. Was curious if anyone across the same issue unless something happens with the harness.
Planning to spend a bit more time this weekend, either way, will update this topic later on.

Can you not restore the default AsBuilt??

Yep tried either reusing defaults from my car codes or defaults from a donor car. Will give it another try.

I don’t recall what exact option it is but its related to the illumination gateway or something

1 Like

Thank you, Scott! Yes, it seems somewhere in https://cyanlabs.net/asbuilt-db/sync3-apim/?search=Parking%2520Distance%2520Control%2520(PDC)%2520HMI#database , although in some code combo I try, losing the backup camera. Anyway will play some me, hope can figure out the right one. Will share updates later on.

No luck so far, still not able to. If no other updates, feel free to close it