South African Map 2020 Q4 Paid feature

I have followed your instructions by deleting the reformat.lst and replacing the autoinstall.lst with the one you provided on the flash drive.

I’ve inserted it in vehicle it displayed updating software and then rebooted. After reboot I master reset but when I press voice command button voice navigation is still not part of the lsit.

Another Question when updating via reformat, do i leave the usb in even when its notifying installation complete and that I should remove it by the second reboot. Should i leave the usb in until its in the new sync 3.4 interface

I have also updated to the latest version 3.4.22048 and downloaded South Africa 2020Q4 maps from scratch. Did a master reset but when I ask for voice command list, navigation command is not listed.

All other voice commands work

It might be a APIM asbuild setting that needs to be changed

Also the only module I have updated to a 2019 that came standard with sync 3 navigation was the APIM asbuild.

Is there any other module asbuild data I should upate aprts from the apim asbuild that might affect navigation voice commands?

So we have done some investigation, factory cars including the VIN you gave me for ZA do not have a seperate navigation voice package, therefore i can only assume something is wrong with your AsBuilt.

I’d expect only the APIM asbuilt to be relevant

For reference this is a factory packages on the VIN you provided me, as you can see no Navigation Voice package.

Good day CyanLabs. Thank you for your response.

The navigation is working the voice promps os also working , tirns and distance to turn. Only thing is I can only put destination on with touchscreen. Looks like Nav voice command is disabled somewhere because it does not display on available voice commands.

So what will need to be done to resolve this situation. Cant it be programmed manually.

Below is another vin but this is of a 2020 limited

AFAJXXMJWJLD16320.

Can you please check if this one is different

Regard,
Elton

I will ask the person i know to check this VIN

There is no voice file for ROW navigation. This is not a supported feature.

Whats your evidence for this? even Auron didn’t seem sure.

There are no voice files offered on the website. The Navigation Voice - 14G422 series has no -Fxx suffix for the voice file definition listed on the FFClub site, this site, or any other that I know of. Also, there are none listed in the Ford Toolbox app. If these files exist, nobody has shared them. But again, they are not included in the Ford Toolbox downloads for the maps.

Yes, this is correct but it could be built in to the same file, i got the impression you were saying that voice nav was not a feature, i’ve yet to see any evidence that this is or isn’t the case.

I have not seen the data built into the maps package, but I have not looked at the newer versions. I meant not a feature of the map package.

Yeah, i’m a bit confused on this one. i need to know if this is even a feature on ROW cars.

As far as I know it is not. I have helped a few folks with the NNG maps and have never seen any indication of a voice functionality for the NAV. Sync looks for Nav Voice files in the Nuance folders, so having the voice embedded in the maps image file would not be consistent on the platform.

Here is the breakdown of the South Africa package. Unless there is something in the image file, there is nothing there as far as voice. I’ll mount the image file and check it out.

EDIT: All I found in the image file was different language files and setups for screen messages and such. No actual voice files.

I downloaded the SA Map Package from the NaviExtras site and did the USB thing. This is the contents of the USB after the download and their ‘USB install’, which is just coping the files to the usb.

USB Root

SMR folder

To clarify you mounted the IMG file? Because that’s where I’m thinking the voice stuff would be for ROW if it exists

Yes, the map_new.img file. There is stuff in there for the messages and setting the language but no voice files that I could find. All of the language files were small, less than 1 MB, Most were just in the KB range. I honestly did not find anything that I thought would be a voice file similar to what is included with the TeleNav maps, nothing like that.

Hmm can someone with a genuine from factory row car comment? Thanks for investigating

So according to further research voice navigation does not appear to be a feature of ROW cars , atleast not on sync 3.4

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.