Stuck on the “Please insert USB stick” slides. After an orange screen "Err03". Save me please!

For a year, I had a 3.3.22200 with F11 maps that was perfectly working. (initial version of the car Mondeo/Fusion 2017: **3.0.20204 map F10 << 3-2.3-17109 map F6.1 then **).
Yesterday, My attempt to update CyanLabs 3.4.23188 with F12 maps failed.
The update was interrupted by a red screen error:
Error in 1U5T-14G421-BHK_1682468892000.TAR.GZ: PKG_ERR03.
So I removed the USB stick.
And now I have the mustang slide boot screens asking me “Please Insert USB Stick…”. But nothing happens.
How to successfully turn on Sync 3?
Many Thanks
(sorry for my frenglish)

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.3.22200

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Error in 1U5T-14G421-BHK_1682468892000.TAR.GZ : PKG_ERR03

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.12.0.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

I think I lost the USB stick :( "Philips 64 usb2"

Reformat Boot Screen Recovery.pdf (113.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you. I will do it and let you know. But a query :
Should I insert the Recovery USB stick before turning on the car?
Or, only afterwards it, when the message says “Please insert a USB stick…” ?

It worked well, thank you @F150Chief ! :+1: What would you advise me to do now? Install the latest full version directly or step by step:

• first, complete this Sync3.3.19052 (but which map to choose?)
  • or, Sync3.3.22200 and carto F11 (which worked perfectly before the failure)
  • or, Sync3.4.23188 and map F12.

Once again, thank you very much. :+1: :clap: Everything has been fixed and works perfectly with Sync3.3.22200 and map F12. I preferred not to reinstall the Sync3.4.23188 version which had caused the initial failure.

Build or map version have nothing to do with your original issue, but since you never provided a log it’s hard to guestimate…

Do not see any mockery in my thanks. Without CyanLabs :+1: success was impossible. & I thought it was not possible to create a log file until a minimum version of Sync was functional. The “Reformat Boot Screen Recovery” procedure fixed the issue. Merci beaucoup!

I don’t see anyone who thought there was!

I think we are hitting a language barrier.

What I said is that your original issue has nothing to do with selecting the most current versions of the package. I’m also indirectly saying that there’s no real reason or impediment for you to go to the latest versions. But of course, that’s your choice.

Each time you create an USB a log is created and placed both on the USB’s root and syn3updater’s logs tab… that log will say what you told syn3updater to do, so no running apim required… And without seeing information it’s all a guess, right?..

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.