Swapped 4" to 8" screen, kept APIM that had Sync 3. Need to update from 4inch version 2.3.18095 to newer 8inch version

I have a 2018 Ford F-150 that originally had a 4-inch screen with Sync 3 version 2.3.18095. I swapped out the screen only with an 8-inch screen. The Sync 3 version is still on the 4inch screen software where it only shows in the small corner of the 8inch screen and doesn’t have touchscreen or CarPlay etc.

I’ve seen two or three forums with similar scenarios on this site, but there was missing info between private messages and such. Unfortunately I only have access to a mac. I have the proper USB, I have a general idea of the file structure, but just getting errors such as lst_err05 when following the manual method on this site. I imagine I need to do something different in my scenario due to the 4 to 8 inch swap.

Is this do-able?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.3.18095

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
lst_err05

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Sync region is US/North America

Stop sending multiple consecutive messages, use the edit button instead.

The default version while using either tutorial (auto or manual) is the 8 inches one, so if it’s not working then maybe you are not creating the USB correctly.

• screenshot of the USB root’s contents
  • screenshot of the SyncMyRide folder’s contents.
  • screenshot of all .LST files’ contents

My apologies. See below.

Thanks.

The error you are getting is: “LST_ERR05 – Error is LST_PKG_FILE_NOT_FOUND”

It seems your MAC has uncompressed the files, check the extensions of the files under the SyncMyRide folder, they are .tar, not tar.gz as they should be.
Also, notice that the .LST files are referencing to tar.gz files, not .tar.

So copy the files again and make sure the computer does not uncompress them.
That’s why you are getting an LST_ERR05 error, since the LST files are referencing non-existent files.

That ended up working, thank you for your help.

Now to tackle my next hurdle, no CarPlay. I’m thinking it may be the usb hub…

See this guide for the necessary hub hardware…
Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3 - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.