Syn3 Interrogator Log Crash

I bought a 2nd hand Ford with SYNC 3 + Navigation, official FORD updates fail. Now trying to run the interrogator myself to see what the issue would be before updating myself or going back to the dealer. However, after generating the log file and then using Syn3 to inspect it the program crashes. Would rather troubleshoot first before trying a full reformat and bricking my unit. Getting black screens after ignition on the display most of the time when using the system so think something more might be happing:

System.ArgumentNullException
Value cannot be null.

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate)
at Cyanlabs.Syn3Updater.Helper.USBHelper.d__8.MoveNext() in P:\GitHub\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Syn3Updater\Helper\USBHelper.cs:line 332
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Cyanlabs.Syn3Updater.UI.Tabs.UtilityViewModel.d__87.MoveNext() in P:\GitHub\CyanLabs\Syn3Updater\Syn3Updater\UI\Tabs\UtilityViewModel.cs:line 226
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at AsyncAwaitBestPractices.SafeFireAndForgetExtensions.d__161.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)<br><br>0<br>8 Where System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 System.Linq.Enumerable System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[TSource] Where[TSource](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[TSource], System.Func2[TSource,System.Boolean])
System.Core

source

You should ask the dealer to solve that somehow before doing something yourself.
You are not talking about wanting a new version, you are talking about a malfunctioning unit.

Besides, the unit is MY20 so you can’t reformat it with syn3updater. That’s also a replacement APIM, so…

Thanks, just getting as much information as I can before going back to the dealer. Car is MY19 but I am suspecting a replacement unit has been fitted which is faulting or just not fitted very well. Was hoping the interrogator log would at least just confirm the unit was an original one or not.

If you ask my opinion, it’s best for the dealer to deal with these kind of issues if the purchase is recent… I would think there’s some kind of warranty involved, right?.. If there’s something wrong with the unit it’s best for it to surface while the warranty is still in place…

About your unit, I think it’s a replacement unit because a J series APIM should not be MY20 based on production year and Ford’s naming convention, yet yours is flagged as MY20 in our DB.

Also, it’s running a very old Sync3 3.0 version, from 2018. Latest 3.0 build is from 2020.
That is a bit confusing to me… a replacement unit should not have such an old version installed…

Curious to see a pic of that back of that APIM.

Looks like C# code, someone is trying to recover from an exception. What language is SYNC living in?

It’s syn3updater it’s C# nothing to do with SYNC

The syn3 updater error page literally provides

1.a qr code
2.a webpage

Share this error report URL

1 Like

No reply from OP, no further diagnosis or troubleshooting possible.

/closed