Syn3 updater 2.0 released

Everything is fine with me

1 Like

I use Bitdefender for my security and have no problems with this program.

1 Like

I also have no issues using ESET, my work Symantec however has a hissy fit :smiley:

1 Like

Launcher has been updated to v1.2 please tell me if it is still being detected, New Syn3 Updater build coming once it’s been beta tested

Hi dear
I have a problem with the downloader please see the attached file and highlight blue!
Untitled|639x500

That’s what it should be doing, has the program stopped working at this point? If so, try a different usb drive

after downloading the files it should be formating the usb and recreating the partition table as mbr.but in this staion it is stoped

This is great news, it is a great tool and without it everything would be much more difficult.
Thank you teacher, keep it up …!

Hi… why is suddently today the antivirus from microsoft delting the sync updater ? it keep say its a trojan virus. try to intsall it and when it update to 2.1.1 then the virus program remove it and i cant stop it.

This is going to change soon, it’s a false positive and a solution is on the way.
BTW, the code is open source, so no virus there since people can check the code. If you need to run it until the new version is released, I’d suggest restoring the file from your AV, and creating a rule that permits the execution of that file for the time being.
Otherwise, wait until the next version is released, which should be soon.

Yes i know, but it cant becase you have to have it install, to give permission or not to do any action. If you install the update it delete it before it possible to make any change or action. I guess i have to wait

You didn’t have to wait a lot, it’s already released.
Try running the update again, if it fails, uninstall everything and install from scratch → https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/ (new launcher at version 1.4.1)

1 Like

Guys! I appoligise for the Virus warnings however really you have the software manufacturers to blame, there is some software called “Fody Costura” used to embed dll’s in to exe’s to make the installs cleaner, however lots of less accurate software detects the “Embed Code” as a virus as this same software is used by virus makers to hide which DLL files etc they use with their virus. This should now be fixed in 2.2.0.0 releases a few moments ago, note that depending on what launcher version you have you may see 2 update processes, this is completely normal, full changelog as always can be found on https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/ at the bottom or directly at https://cyanlabs.net/api/app/Syn3Updater/githubchangelog

Once again, this software is open source, but does require a token to access my API, if you are interested in building from source please let me know and i will provide you with a limited access token.

1 Like

It was named differently years ago, or this is an evolution, but it can be used in a not so friendly manner. Not surprised that it gets flagged. Using an API token is wise, and ensures that the software is authentic.

Fody is a .NET Assembly Weaver. Think of a tool that assists you in metaprogramming. And by metaprogramming I mean modifying .NET assemblies on the intermediate language (MSIL) level, after the build process. Fody is designed as an extendable platform with a long list of plugins. Check out the full list Here:
GitHub - Fody/Fody: Extensible tool for weaving .net assemblies

Costura is one of these plugins that can be used to merge assemblies as embedded resources.
It makes two changes:

1. Includes all assemblies and pdb files with “Copy Local” as resources in the target assembly. (This might be the trigger in the flagging of the files as malicious.)
  2. Injects code into the module initializer to load the included assemblies.

This is safe practice, especially using an API token in association.

Yup, it was never needed so as a fix i have removed it.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is still being detected, i have released 2.2.1 to further combat this.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: My20 discussion

Hey. I just downloaded again and no issues with my AV anymore!

Cheers mate.

No problem, sorry for the scare, unfortunately software that reads usb drives, formats usb drives etc is tricky to get scanned as “fully clean” but i think i have done my best to sort it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.