Syn3 Updater for MY20/MY21!

I’m not sure how to get to that screen. Should I just try a new 20 Maps install? As I said in my first post, on the third reboot, it seemed to circle back to the beginning as if I had put the USB in fresh? Should I have just trusted the process? I was afraid to get it stuck into a never ending 75-minute loop.

Hold down the FF> key on the steering wheel and FF> key on the panel at the same time for at least 8 seconds. The unit will go into ‘speaker test’, Cancel test. You will be in the test menu. Select 'Bezel Diagnostics" and navigate to the screen above.

Just as I suspected, the maps are a mix of 1.19 and 2.20. 4U5T-14G421-CFC is 1.19. The 2.20 replacement file is in the 3rd section of the autoinstall which looked to fail.

You can try to run the installation over again with the same autoinstall.lst file from the Syn3 Updater.

Or, use this autoinstall.lst file…

autoinstall.lst (1.6 KB)

Thanks - curious though - since you (we) think the first two sections of the install were successful. Can I just create a USB with only part 3 (last 4 items), or do I need to (or should I) start from the beginning?

It is best to start over because there are a mix of map files shown in your Interrogator file you posted. I know it takes a while…

1 Like

If it’s not too late i would definitely try just doing the last part first, will help troubleshoot my end also.

Sorry, it is too late, perhaps. I went through a mammoth install of over two hours with two reboots that both said that was the end of Part 1. I don’t know if that was a glitch or what. At the end, it did tell me to remove the USB. I did not do a master reset. I’m still seeing the same number of files and still seeing that 3.2.20178… version, but that’s the Grace Notes file from the 3.4.21020 update.

Am I missing any files that I should manually install stand alone?

This is normal. The file list is correct. Your maps have installed correctly. You can download and update the Gracenotes file separately in the Syn3 Updater. The latest one is -CC.

If you run the Interrogator tool now you should see the storage as 4.3GB free approximately.

Taking 2 hours is more time than usual, but it looks like you may have used an external hard drive rather than a usb thumb drive according to the above posted log. I would expect this to be much slower because of access time and drive speed. Using a hard drive for this is not optimal or recommended, as they tend to go to sleep. (At least that’s been my experience.)

1 Like

CI version Works perfectly on my wife’s 21 Puma. Thanks

Thanks for reporting in, is this with maps? can you show the map version?

Also just to note you should not be using the Ci (Alpha) version any more as this is now added to the Stable branch

Awesome, cheers, just realised you are UK so EU so that explains why it worked for you, NA has some issues which i am still troubleshooting.

1 Like

I tried to update using Fords Sync My Ride, it only offered F9 maps and an older version of 3.4.

The sync software installed but had no radio logos and after 12 attempts at getting the F9 maps to install I gave up and went for the Cyanlabs solution. I installed maps only first then 3.4 keeping existing maps. My plan was to only install the F10 maps, but as that went smoothly I went for it :joy:

If you follow instructions properly it usually goes well :wink: shame some people just rush in :laughing:

I installed the gracenotes file and everything went fine. I tried to install the nav voice files that i left out when i installed the F10 maps (with ci version) and i have mem error. The log if i understand it correct has 12g free and nav voice files are about 8g. Is ther somthing i miss?

<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.1G" available="892K"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="2.8G" available="14M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="2.3G" available="14M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="1.5G" available="7.9M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="2.2G" available="17M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="3.7G" available="24M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="38M" available="396K"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="3.2G" available="8.4M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/sd/MAP/" total="3.1G" available="24M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="4.4G" available="26M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="4.6G" available="27M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="4.1G" available="24M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="3.4G" available="33M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="1.9G" available="8.4M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/grace" total="1003M" available="21M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/" total="1.2G" available="818M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="35M" available="13M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="90M" available="71M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/mp/" total="1.4G" available="133M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/mp/resources" total="73M" available="432K"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/images/" total="54G" available="12G"/>

Interesting about the log - I’ve used the same USB thumb drive for all installs on my 2020. It’s a 32GB USB 3.0 drive, formatted ExFAT. Thanks again for your guidance!

Please use this thread from now on, My20 NA AutoInstall Discussion - Syn3Updater