Syn3 Updater for MY20/MY21!

How do I know which version I have ? My Mondeo is from 2019 , the Ford Official download site says 2020 Ford Mondeo Hybrid. Should I use the Ci version ?

just wondering if I do decide to update the maps, is there a benefit to doing 2 separate installs (1 for sync, 1 for maps) I did check out the syncnavigation site and I do have a complimentary map update.

I didnā€™t know if I should do the map upgrade from ford , then do my 3.4.20282 with release version updater vs both with CI versionā€¦?

if I did both with CI should I still do 2 installs ā€¦? (is there a benefit)

That map update from Ford is likely NA 1 19 maps and not the new 2 20 maps. You can still choose to install those maps and then update SYNC separately, however I would just update to the new 2 20 maps via the Ci updater.

Itā€™s recommended to do maps install standalone and then update SYNC separately to avoid space issues.

I updated a MY20 escape to the new 2 20 maps first and then SYNC separately all using the Ci updater. Just keep in mind that the maps update function is still in testing for AutoInstall.

1 Like

okay ā€¦ I was actually wondering about that map version, it just stated that ā€œYour vehicle is eligible for a complimentary SYNCĀ® 3 Navigation Map updateā€ after inputting my vin number into the search bar, No where did it say what the version was. I know the CI version is still in testing and I guess to be totally honest thatā€™s why I wondered about just downloading the maps from Ford ( if it was 2020). I will do whatā€™s recommended and do the 2 separate installs. I thought I read that it was recommended but have read so much on this site I just could not remember.

originally I was just going to update the sync but, the more I get Involved Iā€™m thinking why not just do the maps while Iā€™m at it.

if your wanting to know what year your APIM is you would go into the Bezel Diagnostics. Iā€™m not familiar with your vehicle but these are the 2 ways to access it

this link shows the part number breakdown for the APIM

hope this helps

Run the Interrogator Tool and it will identify your APIM part numbers, as well as storage, etc.

1 Like

Hello. I have a Ford Explorer may20 from the USA. Is it possible to change the navigation region and the language to Polish without damaging the sync.

Yes, but understand that CyanLabs does not support changing regions.

DO NOT reformat a MY20+ APIM. You post and signature conflicts about the year of vehicle.

In the Guides and Info section you will find the resources you need.
Latest Ford/Guides & Info topics - CyanLabs Official Community

I understand. How to set Syn3Updater to upload the latest package for Europe and the latest maps?

On the setup page you will see a ā€˜Branchā€™ dropdown. Set that to Ci.

:fire::fire: 2020 MAPS - EU (F10), NA (2.20) & ANZ (2.20) Maps added to Syn3 Updater :fire::fire: - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Thank you for your help .

OK, 2 separate questions. These are my first questions. Iā€™ve been a forum member for 2 minutes.

If I donated do I get a license key?
I have a brand new 2021 Mustang with NA19 maps. I can update to 2020 maps, right? I select the protect MY20 button?

Thanks!

1 Like

You donā€™t need a license key. Donations are voluntary.

You will need to use the Syn3 Updater and change the 'Branch" to Ci and use autoinstall mode only.
DO NOT USE REFORMAT MODE IN THE APP.

Documentation:
Syn3 Updater | Cyanlabs Docs

1 Like

Do you mean do not reformat the Flash Drive? I tried installing to flash drive last night. It took 6 hours and ended with an error message.

Please post you log file and Interrogator Tool file.

Which options do I need to choose for Forced?
Forced: no?

The first EU F10 maps update attempt has gone wrong: PKG-ERR03 at the second part of the update.
Current maps: F8
Car: 2020 Focus

Syn3 Updater 2.6.1 has been released that adds this functionality, no need to use Ci now. please switch back to Stable (Release)

A post was split to a new topic: MY20 missing DAB logos

Hi - thank you for all of this. My Q220 maps update failed and Iā€™m seeking guidance to prevent another 75 minutes that ended up with no deliverable.

I have a 2020 Escape that I previously updated to 3.4.21020 about a week ago.

I used the updater in My20 mode to download the relevant NA Q220 maps files, and only those files, with the 3-part install script, properly formatted USB, etcā€¦

The install went as expected at first. There were two reboots, about 25-30 minutes apart. At the 75 minute mark, there was a third reboot. I didnā€™t see any messages on the screen prior to the reboot. When the system came back online, I received messages as if the install was starting over from the beginning. I didnā€™t have the time to babysit it again so I tapped Cancel and removed the USB.

After a shutdown for 30 seconds and restart of the engine, I confirmed that the maps were still NA19. Because I wasnā€™t sure what had been loaded and what hadnā€™t, if anything, I did a Master Reset.

What should I do or should I have done on that third reboot where it looked like it was starting over? Is that normal or abnormal? Keep going or bail?

Post your interrogator log file and your log from the USB creation